Chapter 23

Daniel's POV
--------------
I drove to the nearest park, and took a seat at the bench. It was empty , and quiet. As a tear drives down my cheek, I can feel my cell phone vibrating in my hand. Abby's name appeared on the screen, and I felt my heart crack a little more. The feeling of having maybe your true love betray you is the worst feeling ever, so obviously I wasn't in the right mindset to talk to her right now. I felt like my heart was empty, like I had no energy. No soul.
I press decline and rub the tears from my eyes.
I sit there for a little while longer, and he sun beings to set. My phone rings again, and this time it's Jack.
"Yo Daniel, where have you been?"
"S-sorry. I'm out."I reply, trying to sound okay.
"Daniel are you okay?"
I try to sniff back some tears, but they end up breaking through and streaming down my cheeks.
"I'm fine."
There is a slight pause between us, and I admit it.
"I'm not okay."
I break down and start to sob on the phone.
*later*
I drove to the hotel and explained to Jack what happened.
"What a b*tch!" He says.
I nod along so I don't get emotional again.
"Daniel I'm sorry but I need to leave right now, are you going to be okay?"
Again, I nod.
"Okay bud, if you need anything I'm one call away ."
He leaves me all alone in the tiny room with the tv on, and I slump in the bed.
Abby calls again.