Chapter 5: Above and Beyond

*KEVINS POV*

As I sit in boredom in 4th period I stare at the clock. Waiting there for the long hand to move. I unzip my back pack and put my iPad away in there. There about 30 seconds left on the clock. I look around my table and at all my classmates. I turn my head to the left and see Anniya. Damn she looks so pretty. Her hair and everything all bout her is just perfect. So for the last second of class I decide to spend it admiring her. I slowly fade into space and I just hear the bell ring. The whole class just springs up and walk out the door.

"Dammit" I said to myself

As I walk out the door I look for her outside and try to catch up to her. I don't see her.

"Looking for me?" A voice said behind my back

I turn around and I see Anniya just behind the door. I forgot that she likes to hold the door for people.

"Is this all what you do? Open the door for people and sneak up behind your best friend?" I said

"Ah, duh I'm Anniya remember?" She said with a smile

She looked back inside the classroom and closed the door. I wait for her almost every time because I like walking with her. As we walk I bump myself into her on purpose. She looked at me and rolled her eyes with a smile.

"Ms. Serious" I said

"What you talking about?" She said

"I bumped into you and you just rolled your eyes"

"Oh well"

As we were walking I saw Christy and Katelynn approach Anniya because they always like to hang out with her. It kinda kills the moment because the only time I actually get to talk to her is during passing periods, sometimes lunch, PE, and at the end of the day. I leave Anniya to Chirsty and Katelynn.

"Okay, I'll see you at PE" I said to Anniya

"Alright bye" she responded

I wave at her and walk out the field. As I was out into the basketball courts I see James talking to Diana. My face lit up and stand there for a moment. James seems to really like her and Diana seems to really like James because they are just talking and their responses are obvious that they like each other. I walk to the courts and James and Diana both saw me competing towards them. James walks off to the basketball court and I pass by Diana. I wave at her and she waves back. I walk towards the basketball court and I see Grover, Brandon, James, Jeremy and Dwayne all playing basketball ball. I approached James.

"Were you just talking to Diana?" I asked

"Yah I was" he replied with a smile

"Looks like you like her bro"

"I do"

"Oh shit, so you were flirting with her"

"Yup yes I was"

"What were y'all talking about?"

"Oh see she sent me a friend request on Facebook and I accepted it. So for about 3 weeks we talk to each other and get to know each other really well. I made her laugh so hard at the end of the day for the past 3 weeks that I start liking her. So I decide to ask her out to the dance, and she said yes" James said proudly

"Bastard not even telling us shit anymore" said Brandon

"Hey it's not my fault that I'm busy" James said

"So damn it's gonna be me, Brandon, and Dwayne that's gonna be the loner at prom then" I said

"Damn" said Brandon

"It's not too late, there are still some girls you guys can ask" James said

"Ehh they seem ugly to me" Dwayne said

"Haha that's cold" said Brandon

"What!? It's true" said Dwayne

As we talk I see a show approach me. I remain still and feel a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey guys!" The person said

As I look to see who it is I see it's Alex. Alex is one of my Best Friends I can rely on when I'm in trouble. He that Italian kid who was Ray Bans and got me into leather jackets. He backs me up on anything. Once I asked him if I can borrow $10 for some tickets to a movie and he gave me $100. Alex really doesn't care how much he spends because his family owns 5 business and they own a family restaurant called Panchetta. I like that restaurant and Alex works there as a waiter and a pizza maker. I go there sometimes and Alex lets me get some Perroni which is an Italian beer that tastes good. Alex owns a 2014 Maserati Granturismo. He has the best looking car in the whole school. I just need a few more thousand dollars from my job as Manager of Best Buy to pass Brandon with his Audi A6 with a 2014 Ferrari 458 Italia. That car is amazing because it's come with 570 Horsepower and that fuckin fast. With that car I can also pass Alex with his Maserati, but he'll pass me tho in a few years because his parents are probably getting him a fucking 2013 Lamborgihini Aventador or 2013 Bugatti Veyron for his graduation gift for College.

"Hey Alex" I said

"Hey Kevin" he replied

I turn back to the guys.

"So prom is coming up, do you guys have your suits?" I asked

"No, not yet" they all replied

I look at Alex and his face lit up.

"Guys! I know this good store that sells suits in LA, my dad knows the manager so maybe he can give us a discount and we can all het our suits" said Alex

The guys stopped playing basketball and all payed attention to what Alex is saying. We all looked at each other and smiled. We already knew our answer, we were all gonna buy our together.

For a moment I look at Grover and realize something.

"Guys you know what I noticed?" I said to them

"What?" They replied

"Out of all of us Grover is the only one who drives a motorcycle"

Grover doesn't like cars. He hates the idea of seatbelt and likes a more wind crashing on his face. For his birthday his mom surprised him with a new 2015 Kawasaki Ninja 650. The newest model of his motorcycle is black all around and I believe it is faster than my 2014 Chevy Camaro.

Dwayne on the other hand drives a 2014 Chevy Impala. He like better gas mileage on his car and he likes keeping it simple. I told that if he wanted to keep it simple he should've got a 2013 Ford Focus, 2012 Toyota Prius, or a 2011 Toyota Camry. He said no and I laughed at him

We all laugh to Grover face because we all think 2-wheelers are a waster of time. We look at Alex.

"So when do we start? We all asked him

"This weekend, Saturday, we leave at 10:30. We meet up at my house, go to Costco and gas up our vehicles and we leave." Alex said

"Sound good" all of us said

"Yah so let's go play some basketball" I said

"Alright" they all said