Chapter 6

Y/N POV

As I get off the bus, the wind blew on my face. I turned around to the direction of the bus and waved goodbye. When I can no longer see the bus, I turned around and went straight to the office. As I went in, my boss approached me and told me that my mom was in the hospital. I signed out and rushed to the hospital.

As I arrived at the hospital my mom was lying down and her eyes were looking outside the window. I came and held her hand.

"What happened?" I asked as she held my hand tighter, a tear rolling down her face.

"I've been taking medication for my sickness."

"You're sick? Why didn't you tell me?" I asked multiple times for her to answer me.

"Yes. Lung cancer, stage 4." She cried.

"Since when? Why didn't you tell me?" I cried.

"Since we moved here, I didn't want to bother you with the expenses of chemotherapy because it cause a lot." She explained.

"But mom! Money doesn't matter. I will go and get the doctor right now and tell him you will go under chemotherapy."

She held my hand and stopped me.
"Please dear, just let me go. I want to be with your father."

"Mom! Don't say that! Don't leave me!" I said as she pulled out a picture beside her.

"I have money saved in my bank that I transferred to yours. I would've used it for my chemo but I want you to use it to find them" she said as she gave me a picture. A family picture. A family picture with both parents, an elder brother and a baby sister under the Christmas tree.

"What's this?" I asked and wondered why the baby looked like me.

"Your biological family. Your father and I were really wishing for a baby but the doctor said I can never get pregnant. At the same day, we saw you wandering around the streets of New York and we took you to an orphanage. We arranged some papers and we adopted you. I got the picture from your favorite pink glittery star bag. Remember that? Please forgive me and your father." She said as she slowly closing her eyes.

"Mom I forgive you! Please don't leave me! Please wake up!" I was shouting and calling the nurses. They arrived along with the doctor. They told me to step out of the room so they can do their job.

As I stepped out of the room, someone held my shoulder and told me everything was going to be ok. I turned around to see who it was and it was Vernon.

"Why are you here? How long have you been here? How did you know I was here?" I asked as we sat on a bench near my mother's room.

"I came to give you this." He said as he handed me the Alcatraz ticket that my father gave me. "I knew how important this was to you so I came back to the SFT, but they told me you weren't there. Your boss told me you were in the hospital. I was worried and I overheard your conversation with your mom. I'm sorry."

"It's ok. At least I don't have to explain to you what happened." I joked. He put his arm around me as my head rested in his shoulder.

The doctor came out of the room and said "I'm sorry. We did everything we could."

Tears and more tears came rolling down my face, my knees were weak as Vernon catches me.

*phone rings*

"Go ahead and answer it. I'm ok." I said as I sat down on the bench again. I called my mother's lawyer and he said he will take care of everything. He also told me that we will bury her by tomorrow because I know no one will come to her viewing since she doesn't have any relatives left. "I'll go home now" I told Vernon.

"I'll go with you."

As we were leaving the hospital, I saw Seungkwan, Mingyu, Woozi, and Dino standing in front of the hospital.

"Y/N I'm so sorry for your loss." Seungwan hugged me really tight.

"I'm sorry it's only us, the other members were already sleeping and some are practicing." said Woozi.

"It's ok. Don't worry about it."

We arrived at my house and they all helped me clean my mother's stuff.

Vernon POV

We cleaned her mother's stuff and put them in a box. Y/N cooked for us and while other members are eating, Y/N asked to talk to me privately.

"You already heard me and my mother's conversation, so maybe I can show you the picture that she gave me." she laughed, though her eyes were full of sadness.

"Sure. If you want." I said as she handed me the picture. I looked at it and it looked so familiar.

"Vernon you ok?"

"Yeah I'm fine." I looked at the picture more as Y/N went ahead and ate with the other members. "This can't be? The boy in the picture looks like Joshua. But Joshua doesn't have any siblings." I thought to myself. I quickly took my phone and snapped the picture. We did not want to leave because we didn't want Y/N alone but she said her best friend would be coming.

The next morning...

While eating breakfast, I tried to talk to Joshua privately.

"Yo wassup?"

"Joshua, do you, by any chance, have a sibling? A sister, perhaps?" I ask politely. It took him a while to answer my question.

"The truth is, I have a younger sister." He sighed. "When I was young, we came to visit New York for my parents' business and to celebrate Christmas. We were just having a fun time and I wanted to get my sister something. I was about to go to the mall when my mom told me that my sister wanted to come. My mom wouldn't let my sister to come with me, but I insisted. We came to the mall and I saw the bag that she's been wishing for. I bought a pink glittery star bag along with a printed picture of my family. I remembered how happy she was. She wanted a lollipop and there were candies beside the cashier. I bought her one. Little did I know, she was not beside me anymore. I lost her. I lost my sister." He cried.

"What's her name?" I asked.

"Y/N. She has the same name as our tourist guide yesterday. That's why I wanted to sit beside her because she reminds me a lot about my sister." He continued having a smile in his face.

"Should I show him the picture that Y/N showed me?" I thought to myself.