Chapter Four- The spread

" Jingle bells, Jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh, hey
Jingle bells, jingle bells
Jingle all the way
Oh what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh"

The music was suddenly drowned out by an intense coughing. My coughing. By then my temperature started to get low. Joshua confirmed my fears. I had the anti fever.

"It's starting to spread" he said

"Can you stop it?" I asked

"It's possible but we would need to take out every single ice spirit. There are thousands. Even millions. It would be impossible to get them to one place and burn them all"

"Do they serve someone? Like a king or god."

"The frozen inhabiter! You're a genius, Autumn"

I wasn't able to blush because of the anti fever but I would have been.

"What is that?"

"The frozen inhabiter is their king. Or queen, you shouldn't assume which one.They are  extremely powerful. He resides in the frozen plane."

"Why are there ice spirits here?"

"The frozen inhabiter is the conqueror of world. That thing has frozen hundreds of dimensions. What if it is trying to kill us off just to destroy this land"

"It's a frozen apocalypse"

"Exactly"

"We kill the inhabiter and all the ice spirits stop?"

"Not exactly. It'll just fake them furious. We would be a target. Killing the inhabiter would be suicide"

"Can your friends help defeat them"

He glared at me. The room got hotter.

"Never mention them again. Also my power is the only one that can kill them. Maybe Oliver's light, George's lighting, and Alice's flower power. But it's a team effort. Adan and Summer wouldn't be able to do anything effective against frozen souls."

"Could I help?"

"No. Your life doesn't need to be endangered"

"It already has"

He paused, "If Summer and Adan can't help, and they are trained to fight, what makes you think you could help"

"Excuse yo-"

"You can help with something else" he interrupted, "I don't know how to get to the frozen plane. I need you to go to the factory and get done files from the database. They should be labeled something along the lines of frozen plane or project alpha race"

"I think you are forgetting that I have the fever too"

"So you can't go. You must stay here so you don't spread. That means"

"Oh no..."

*
Lizzy pokes her head into the attic. "Hey Joshua"

"Hey Liz"

"Wait, how do you know each other?"

"I have a life, Autumn" she said teasingly.

We explained to her the plan.

"I'll flip it. Here are my commands. I pick all the movies for movie night. I join the fight. And I get to use my giant mechagodzilla I've been waiting test out"

"You finished it?" Joshua asked.

"Yeah last week"

"What is happening?" I yelled.

"Shush! Parents are sleeping" Lizzy complained

"Lizzy when you go. Bring this." I handed her a tape recorder, "when you leave turn it on"

"Okay. When am I going?"

"Now"Joshua replied.

"Oh okay. I need to go get ready"

She ran to her room. I started to question if I even know her. For all I know she has a secret lab under her room.

An hour later she combed back upstairs. She had her winter outfit on. She grabbed the tape recorder from my hand.

"I'm going now. Bye"

"Good luck!" I called to her.