Fifteen-muerte

Camila

Camila

It's been 12 hours.

12 hours since Derek left me.

6 hours past dinner time.

6 hours ago, when he was supposed to be home.

My wolf and I, constantly growing more and more restless.

Not being able to sit still any longer, I stand up. No one is left at the packhouse so there is no one here to stop me. I don't know why I didn't go to the safe house.

I am the Luna of this pack and I can't just sit inside and let my people die. I walk out the front door and the screams and battle cries amplify.

There are fire and ashes all over the place. Several family homes being burnt to the ground.

All around there are people dropping to the ground, blood everywhere. But I don't see my mate anywhere.

An arrow zooms past me, barely missing my head. My head snaps towards where the arrow came from to see a familiar face.

"Marco?" The Griffin who I trained with during my time at the league is standing in front of me, a bow and arrow directed towards me, taking lethal aim.

"It's time that the werewolves know that we are more powerful than them. And that can only be solved by taking down their strongest pack, and Alpha" he yells through the chaos, a murderous glare directed at me.

"But I thought we were friends, I'm part of the league, we both are, how could you?" I feel an ache in my chest and my brand start burning. Betrayal.

"The fact that this is your pack, and mate is merely a horrible coincidence. I'm sorry but it had to be that way" he explains.

"CAMILA GET INSIDE!" I look to see my younger sister barreling towards me, brows furrowed and face worried.

"But why did you recruit us to the league" I ignore her.

"We needed intel and trust, or else you would get suspicious. We embedded a tracker in your brand so we would know where the pack was we needed information. When you guys left we didn't know what to do, we had no sources and no updated information of the pack. So we contacted the hunters. They were human so they could cross pack borders looking like innocent lost tourists and report the locations to us. We've taken down almost every pack, without anyone knowing. That is where dear Lia comes in. She hated coyotes and wanted to have your place as Luna, so she offered to be a spy, as a replacement for you for Intel. The hunters concocted a non-lethal wolfsbane necklace which Lia gave to her bestest friend. It was a distraction for the Alpha so we could begin our attack. And as for those pictures, we hoped that would put a wedge in your relationship with the Alpha but it did not work." He explains with arrogance.

"Now it is time for you to die" he raises the bow, pulling the arrow back.

Everything is in slow motion.