Chapter VIII- Next Life

Geno's P.O.V

"When Life dies, we have this cycle, when she dies, she chooses a new Life. One of us will become the next Life. She could pick any one of us. Fauna, Pansy, Tulip, Gaia and well Me. When its her time, before she dusts, she says one of our names and she chose me" I explained.

Asgore: So that means?

Geno: I'm the next Life

Everyone: ............

Undyne: WHAT?!

Alphys: W-what?!

Papyrus: WOWZA!!

Frisk: Oh dear.....

Asgore: NO WAY!!

Reaper: This is....wow just wow

Geno: I know! I'm not ready, I'm scared, worried and upset. I might not be able to be a good Life but, I have to try!

Everyone except Geno: *Claps*

Geno: Huh??

Reaper: I'm proud Geno

Papyrus: THAT WAS AMAZING!!

Frisk: Your speech, it was inspirational

I just smiled. I also heard a portal opening. My friends, the guardians. "GENO!!!" They cheered tackling me in a hug. "Gah! C-can't breathe..." I choked out.

Pansy: Woah! Sorry!

Tulip: Sorry

Gaia and Fauna: Whoops!

Geno: Ya know if ya continued that, you would have to be the next Life

They froze.

The guardians: NO!!

Geno: Yep, shouldn't you guys leave though?

Fauna:  *Looks around* y-yeah, we should

They teleported away.

Reaper: So if your the next Life then......you have to go to the mortals realm....

Asgore: Reaper is right, he'll show you around

Geno: Okay.......?

Timeskip~

"So thats all ya need to know about the mortals" Reaper explained. I am sitting on his bed as he explained about the humans. "Okay!" I replied with a small smile. A list appeared in front of me. It was decorated with a rose design. A quill was next to it. I saw names. It must be for giving life to mortals. I also saw plant names. Huh......thats odd but okay.

So I have to give life to just borns and all. Okay. I'm ready. "Whatcha have there Rose?" Reaper asked. "Its a list!" I exclaimed excitedly. "For what? I can't see anything on it" Reaper said, tilting his head side to side. He was confused, I guess since I'm Life, I'm the only one who can see the words. "I better go, see ya!" I teleported to the mortal realm........

Timeskip~

Man, I'm exhausted, phew that was tiring. "Hey Gen~ how was work?" Reaper asked floating in. "Eh, tiring" I replied, flopping on the bed. I hugged my marshmallow of a cat. "You really love that cat~" Reaper teased. "Yea yea, whatever, I love cats in general" I stated rolling around. "Hmm..." Reaper pondered as he teleported.

He came back with cat ears and tail. "Eh??" I said looking at him weirdly. "Ya said ya like cats soooo, meow~" Reaper mewled as he tackled me in a hug. I groaned. I tried pushing him away but I stopped myself for some reason. I guess the cat ears made him more charming.......DID I REALLY THINK THAT?! My face blushed a bit and I hugged him. He seems taken aback by this but snuggled into me.

He purred! I heard him purr. Maybe he is like a cat. A coffee drinking, starbucks loving cat. Pfft. Thats cute.... eh?! Oh forget it. I'll just enjoy this.......