~Twenty~

Logan

Alec walks out with Izzy but Jace just stays, looking to Clary and Simon.
"Hey." I speak holding his arm "Can we talk?"
He nods, walking with me out of the room.
"Look I'm sorry about how selfish I was in the City of Bones. My mind was messed up because of their mind games but also because of the resemblance to what Valentine did to me the first time. The lack of sleep the dark damp cell. I shouldn't have been a bitch to you, someone who helped me through that time on the ship. The soul sword made me tell the truth, but I'm the one who made it bitter and got selfish and mad at Clary. Which backfired on me, because I ended up admitting I saw you kill the Vampire and... That I had twins, so now the Clave are one step ahead of me again. I told them I was convinced you didn't kill Gretel, that you only killed the Vamp because she threatened me. But I shouldn't have tried to drag you two down sword or not."
"When Victor told me you'd betrayed me. I didn't believe him because I know you wouldn't on purpose. The soul sword is meant to bring out the truth and they manipulate questions to get you to reveal as much as possible. We're both free that's all that matters and for what you said about Clary getting away with everything she's just lost her mum, so she doesn't escape everything. And if you want to make it up to me for thinking you betrayed us, be there for her, because you know what she's going through." I nod.
"Now don't let it get you down!" he chuckles ruffling my hair, before he pulls me into a hug "And as for your twins, they'll be okay if they wanted your child when they thought it was just one they would have found them. They have bigger things on their minds than the twins, which means for now atleast they're safe."
"Thank you Jace." I sigh pulling away as we head down to the lobby.
We see on the security footage that the video of Jocelyn's death had been played again.
"He's not dealing with it Jace." I sigh.
"If you're looking for Alec I saw him heading up to the roof he didn't seem in the happiest of moods." Raj speaks.
"Come on!" Jace says as we head towards the door.
We head up the stairs to see him stood there firing arrows.
"Alec." Jace sighs, as he prepares to fly another.
He spins round facing us his arrow pointing to us.

"Move."
"How long have you been up here?" I ask.
"I'm glamoured. No one can see me. Move." He demands.
"You can't beat yourself up." Jace states.
"I'm not." He blatantly lies
"Who are you talking to? It's us. Logan knows you inside out and I'm your parabatai." Jace says, I fold my arms as he speaks "I know exactly what you're going through."
"What happened with Jocelyn, that wasn't you. That was the demon. It wasn't your fault." I say.
"Get out of the way both of you!"

"Hey!" I exclaim, "Same side, remember?" He lowers his bow

"Hey!" I exclaim, "Same side, remember?" He lowers his bow. "Come on, man." Jace grins weakly.
"Come back inside Alec..." I plead.
"That's the last place I want to be." He grumbles.
"Alec, Valentine has the Soul-Sword.He slaughtered the Silent Brothers.We need our best soldiers!" Jace says following him as he walks along the roof.
"Stop pretending this never happened."
"We're not Alec." I sigh catching up.
"I couldn't save either of you from Valentine. I couldn't save you from the City of Bones." He yells "Who am I if I can't protect those I love?"
I look at the sadness in his hazel eyes.
"I...She's Clary's mother." He stammers "Your mother."
"Nobody blames you." Jace states.
"They should." He says jumping down.
"Alec!" I shout, standing on the edge as I watch him run off.
"What now?" I ask.
"We give him time." He holds my arm.
"If he's on his own Jace, he'll just be dwelling on this. It's dangerous." I lean forward.
"You just need to be here for when he comes home Lo." He says his grip staying on my arm, I step down turning to him.
"You're right, after all you'll know if he's in real danger right?" he nods.