~Twenty Seven~

Alec

"You should go after her." Izzy says as I take a bite of my pancake.
"Why should I?" I grunt.
"Because she's important to you Alec. The mother of your children who has gone through a lot lately, so have you. Go talk about it." Jace says.
"What's rattled your cage?" I scoff drinking some of my water.
"You two arguing, over who's right." Jace continues.
"When actually yous both just want what's best by your children." Clary shrugs as she eats her breakfast.
"I'll go talk to her after she's had chance to calm down. Are you happy now?"
He just looks back to his food, as the bench is jumped on by a small force.
"Melissa!" I say looking to her, "where's Violet?"
"She wasn't hungry." She says as she picks at my fruit that I'd got for after. I smile picking her up sitting her on my knee so she can see properly. She starts to bite into a strawberry before she leans back relaxing into me.
"Any plans for today then Melissa?" Clary asks making conversation.
"I'm practicing my Roo-nes." She struggles.
"Runes." I chuckle.
"Logan?" Jace says causing me to turn and see her rushing towards us.
"It's Violet...there's something seriously wrong Alec." She runs off.
"Stay here with Clary Melissa." I state, placing her next to me before running after her.
We see her lying on her bed coughing up blood as she cries.
"Get Magnus!" I demand to Izzy who rushes off.
I sit on the bed pulling her into my chest. As she coughs.
"What do we do?" Logan asks, her voice cracking "she was fine and now she's..."
"We have to wait for Magnus." I say.
There's a portal sound before the door opens.
"Magnus help us please." Logan begs.
He rushes to the side of the bed placing his hand on Violet's head.
"She's been possessed by a night demon. They cause bursts of anger and distorted character traits."
"How did it-"
"During the transfusion, it has slowly been taking over her and her body. There is a possibility we can get rid of it."
"Well let's get started!" Logan says.
"There are risks, it could take with it her life source."
"We do it." Logan breaths "I can't see her go through this anymore."
"Did you just hear what he said Logan?" I snap.
"You'd rather her keep being tormented like this!" Logan hisses.
"She could die." I say as Violet cries.
"We have to Alec."
"I'll give you a moment." Magnus says walking out. I look to Violet who has stopped cry and seemed to have passed out.
"How can you just make that choice?"
"Because I saw there was something wrong and it was a possessing demon Alec she's not herself if we do this she can be."
"If she dies...we don't have her at all!" I state.
"It's a risk we have to take." She grumbles.
There is silence before she takes a deep breath. She walks to me holding my hand like I did on the roof.
"I know it's scary but imagine how she feels having this thing inside her."
"I should have trusted you on the roof with Victor, so this is your move." I say.
"I don't want any harm to come to her, but I can't see her like this. I need you to understand that." She speaks.
I look to see Violet waking up.
"Hey sweetheart," Logan speaks squeezing my hand before letting go.
"Mummy what's going on I'm scared." She speaks. Logan stands up walking around to the other side of the bed. She lies down next to her as I do the same on the other side.
"There's a monster inside you Vi. It's making you feel all horrible and not yourself." She explains brushing the hair out of her face.
"I can feel it and I don't like it." She sighs.
"Magnus is going to try and take it away." I explain.
"But Violet, I need to tell you something first." Logan says turning her to face her, her hand resting on her cheek.
"The day you and Melissa were born was the best day of my life. You were born first, and I knew then how much of a special little girl you were going to be." She smiles a tear running down her face "You're such a brave, courageous girl who makes everyday better. We love you more than words can say. You're our little girl, our gorgeous little girl." She speaks resting her head on top of Violet's.
I reach out grabbing her favourite teddy bear passing it to her.
"Tilly will be with you, it will be okay Vi."
"Will I be made all better?" Logan glances to me.
"The monster will leave you alone. And either way you will be okay. Because you're our brave little girl." I kiss her head, leaning back before she starts to cough.
"It's hurting again." She becomes distressed.
"Magnus!" I shout as he walks in.