7~New Years

It had been a week since their kiss and now it was Monday all over again. Alec and Magnus would always give each other subtle glances during lessons, find any dark corner they could where they wouldn't be found.

Like everyday they walk back to their table during lunch, leaving a wide enough gap between them that no one would suspect anything.

But, not every secret will stay that way forever, people are bound to figure it out.

"Okay, I'm not buying it" Jace had been keeping a close eye on both boys the past few days, the grins they'd both carry every time they join the table, and now he wants to know.

"Buying what?" Alec asked, averting his eyes, taking a bite of his sandwich as an excuse to not talk.

"What do you think I'm talking about?" he gestured at the two boys.

"I'm with him" Izzy groaned, hating how she's agreed with him 2 times in the past week.

"Yeah, if there's anything going on, you can tell us...I'm here for you" Lydia told him, taking hold of Alec's hand, a sweet smile on her face.

Simon had been focusing on Magnus this entire time, knowing the boy was attracted to Alec. So when Lydia took hold of her boyfriends hand he was not surprised to see jealousy take over his face. Simon looked over at Raphael and remembered how they always used to sneak off when they started dating.

"Omg" he whispered under his breath, his eyes connected with Magnus' at that point who figured out Simon knew, he subtly shook his head, begging him not to say anything.

"Are you in trouble or something?" Clary asked Magnus, worried for her friend.

"Yeah, so tell us babe what's happening?" Lydia said, running her other hand up Alec's arm reassuringly.

"Magnus is just helping me study okay" Alec pulled away from Lydia, crossing his arms over his chest.

"What are you on about, your the highest in every lesson" Izzy scoffed, believing his excuse was not an option.

"People thinking I'm perfect, doesn't mean I am, okay" Alex stood up, his chair falling back, catching the attention of a few close tables.

"Alec" Magnus said softly, restraining himself from reaching out for his hand.

"No, I just...I need to take a breath, okay" Alec had an apologetic look in his eye, directimg it towards Magnus, and only Magnus before he left the cafeteria.

"I hope you're all proud of yourselves" Magnus directed it at everyone around the table, before rushing to catch up with Alec.

"Magnus, wait" someone caught his arm just as he went to exit through the second door.

"Simon, let go" Magnus went to pull away but Simon had a strong grip around his wrist.

"Spill" Simon said authoritatively, looking Magnus straight in the eye.

"Spill what" Magnus scoffed, not wanting to say anything incase Simon actually got it wrong.

"You know exactly what I mean, you guys have been messing about" Simon stated with a subtle smirk on his lip.

"Shh keep quiet" Magnus shushed, taking a look around to see if there were any onlookers "Okay, yes...we've kissed a couple of times...only a little bit" he said quietly.

"If sneaking off for half an hour is little, it makes me wonder what you count as a lot" Simon wondered.

That's when the side door opened, Alec walking back in with a huff, he looked up to see Magnus and Simon staring at him like they've been caught dealing drugs or something.