Deep Conversation (July 1)

"Hey (y/n), what's up?"

Tyler asked sitting beside you on the park swing.

"Nothing much, I'm not having a really good day..."

You said.

"Do you wanna talk about it?"

Tyler asked.

"Yeah, that'd be nice...but not here."

You stated.

You and Tyler got up and began to walk around the park.

"So what's up?"

Tyler asked after a moment of silence.

"Well, I got fired from my job. My boss said I wasn't good enough for his business..."

You said.

"That sucks. I bet you were great."

Tyler replied.

He pulled you into a hug. This was new. After a moment you wrapped your arms around him and hugged back.

"Hey, I have to ask, why are you wearing a sweatshirt when it's 96 degrees and sunny out?"

Tyler asked.

I gulped.

Tyler grabbed my wrist and pulled up the sleeve revealing cuts. Cuts I gave to myself.

"I-I don't know what to say..."

Tyler trailed off and you pulled your wrist back and rolled your sleeve back down looking at the ground.

You began to walk away and Tyler chased after you standing in front of you.

"I didn't mean it like that (y/n) I'm sorry I swear, I just...I do that too sometimes...and I've been trying to stop. I haven't done it in few days, since the day we met. I just can't afford to let anyone else down."

"Anyone else?"

You asked.

"Well, a few years ago I-I tried to um, c-commit suicide and...I let down everyone that loved me. And I don't wanna do that again."

Tyler said.

"It's no good you know, cutting. It's like a drug...an addiction, like it may make you feel something for a little while but then it fades away. Recently I've learned that something that'll really make you feel good is to look at whatever you cut with and turn away from it. You should try it. And you should take off that sweatshirt before you die of heat stroke."

Tyler said.

He helped you take off your hoodie.

"So why do you do it?"

Tyler asked after walking for a few moments of silence.

"I've had depression and anxiety my whole life and sometimes it just gets the best of me."

You said quietly.

"Me too. Especially with depression. But I got myself on anti depressants and anxiety meds, they really do help."

Tyler said.

"Do you take them?"

He asked.

"My parents always refill my prescriptions but for some reason I never take them....I don't really know why...I probably should."

You said.

"You should, it'd be good for you."

Tyler said.