Chapter 4 - Meeting Ash

Ivy's POV -

They finished up the show they all ran off stage and got some water, and Ash came running over to me. Ash was the first to speak. "H-Hi my name is Ash" he stuttered and I giggled at him. "My name is Ivy" I said smiling at him making him blush. "Well I just wanted to say I think you're very pretty and I also wanted to know if you wanted to get coffee tomorrow with me?" he asks as he looks up and down my body. 

Did Ashley fucking Purdy just ask me out on a date? I'm dying on the inside. "Sure I would love to. Here's my number" I said grabbing his arm and writing on it with sharpie. "T-Thanks" he stuttered again. I went to meet the rest of the band and we all exchanged numbers. Wow they actually think i'm cool, that's a first. "Oh shit I have to get home" I mumbled to myself. "Whats wrong?" Ash questioned. Dammit. I said that out loud. "Oh nothing I just have to get home, it's getting late" I lied, trying not to show that my mom will beat me if I don't get home on time. "Oh, oh ok" he said. Thank god he didn't suspect anything.

- Back At Home -

I pulled in the driveway and got out of my car. 

I walked up to the house quietly not wanting to get caught. I slowly opened the door and slowly closed it and walked through the kitchen. I turned the corner to go up stairs and saw my parents sitting on the couch watching TV, still surprisingly not drunk. The first stair creaked and they both turned around and looked at me at the same time.

I darted up the stairs and into my room locked the door behind me. I slid down the door with my back against it. Only to hear someone running up the stairs after me. "WHY WERE YOU GONE ALL DAY YOU SLUT?!" my father yelled. I didn't say anything but I slowly crawled towards my walk-in closet "OPEN THE FUCKING DOOR AND ANSWER ME!" he yelled getting angrier. I got into my little hiding spot behind my hanging shirts and two boxes on the floor in the corner of the closet and I pulled my knees to my chest. I heard the door open. He must have picked the lock. "I Know you're in here" he said quietly but I stayed quiet until I heard the door close.

He must have given up. So I get up and out of hiding and started to head towards the bathroom but he was unfortunately sitting on my bed. 

He quickly got up and slapped me twice straight across the face. "That's for not answering me! And that's or being out so late!" he yelled and left my room. With tears threatening to spill I shuffled over and locked the door the walked back to the bathroom. I wiped my tears and got ready for bed.

I hopped in bed with a black tank top and black short shorts on. That's when I heard my phone go off. I had gotten a text from Ash.

(A = Ash     I = Ivy)

A - Hey

I - Hi

A - Was there something wrong when you left?

I - Yes but I don't want to talk about it right now i'll tell you tomorrow

A - Oh yeah where do you want to go for coffee in the morning and what time?

I - Lets just go to Starbucks at like 9:00 in the morning 

A - Ok see you then, good night

I - Good night

I set my alarm for 7:00 AM. I shut my phone off and put it on the charger. How am I going to tell ash about how my parents abuse me? 

My eyes flutter closed and I fall into a deep sleep.