Their fates

Part Two

The car had not hit Anika. But she had gravely twisted her leg in the process of her fall and hit her head.

Soumya looked up at the driver of the car in an astounded manner and was happy with who had accompanied him.

"Anika, Soumya," they yelled in glee.

"Bade Bhaiya aap bhi yahaan aaye?," Soumya inquired.

"Haan lekin Anika ko kya hua?," Shivaay asked alarmed.

Anika was slumped on the ground , grimacing due to her pain.

"My leg!," she mumbled.

"It's ok. Relax I got you," Shivaay promised her as he gathered her up.

She wanted to protest but the pain was severe enough to limit her energy.

Rudra came over to Soumya escorted her into the car. Rudra drove with Soumya sitting besides him.

Soumya answered all the questions the best she could as the brothers asked the details.

How Anika had finally figured out their escape was a mystery. Had she just decided and hoped againist all odds it would work or had Daksh Khurana realized he would have no true benefit from either girl and allowed them to leave?

Shivaay kept Anika's head in his lap. He scanned her injuries and kept her leg straight as possible in the back seat.

" Did he hurt you girls physically or something else?," Shivaay asked.

Even Rudra looked on anxiously as he drove. He awaited Soumya's answer.

"Mere saath toh nahin par Anika ke saath I am not sure," she stammered.

Shivaay's jaw clenched.

He would have to get the answer from Anika when she was more awake. She had fallen unconscious suddenly.

"Anika tum theek toh ho na?," he yelled.

Her eyes slightly opened.

" Main theek hoon Shivaay, lekin yeh dard..," she trailed off.

" I am calling the doctor to meet us at Oberoi Mansion. Don't worry Anika, main hoon na," Shivaay assured her.

It seemed like eons when they arrived and were greeted by Jhanvi, Omkara, and the doctor. Priyanka was with Dadi in her room.

" They are both weak and Anika hurt herself as we got there, but they are safe now," Rudra assured his mother and brother.

"Chal Shivaay andar isse room mein lekar chalte hain," Omkara stated.

Omkara and Jhanvi checked on Soumya as well.

" I am glad you are fine Soumya. It must have been difficult for you and Anika there," Jhanvi stated.

" Haan Aunty, lekin Anika was our own savior. She has been so brave for both me and herself," Soumya stated.

"Sumo tum bhi doctor se check up karvale na," Rudra spoke up surprising his brother and mother.

Jhanvi and Omkara exchanged knowing looks. They all proceeded to follow Shivaay and Anika into one of the guestrooms.

The doctor arrived and took blood work from both Anika and Soumya. Anika was given strong pain killers for the pain.

"Mr. Oberoi it may take a few days for her sprain to heal. If it does not improve within 48 hours we will run some more testing. Head injury appears minor at this time, however if she has severe pain and vomiting when she awakens call me immediately," the doctor stated.

" Thanks Dr. Mehra. We will give you call once she wakes up," Shivaay stated.

While Jhanvi took Soumya to get some rest and freshen up, the three brothers stood pondering the recent past and tonight's events.

" Yeh ladki bhi na total Jhansi Ki Rani hai. Agar aur bura hojata toh?," Shivaay exclaimed.

" Lekin hua nahin," Omkara stated.

Rudra was thoughtful too.

"Kaise Anika Didi humari zindagi mein aayi aur jab se kitna kuch hogaya," Rudra pondered aloud.

Shivaay smiled thinking of how she argued with him at the family's traditional mandhir outing. They had gone there on the behest of Dadi for a shanti puja.

One year ago..

" How come you broke the line? Rest of us are waiting for the Oberoi family to finish their puja. Are you the owner of this mandhir or some pundit?," she asked.

"Listen you, you have no idea who I am do you? I was running late. I need to be in that puja," he stated.

" Don't call me you, I am Anika ok?," she retorted with her typical style.

" I am Shivaay Singh Oberoi," he replied.

She gasped and then his Dadi called out for him.

" I guess now I am permitted madam to join my family. Bye," he declared before walking away.

Some time later..

Dadi was crossing the road to a vendor when a car almost ran her over with Priyanka.

Anika pulled them out of the way but got injured in the process.

Dadi and Priyanka arrived by her side.

"Beta tune humari jaan bachyi. Dek tumhe bahut chot lagi hai," Dadi cried.

Her three grandsons and the rest of the family had quickly arrived. They narrated what had happened.

" Koi isse uthao. Bechari ko kitni chot aayi hai," Kalyani declared.

Shivaay reached over to help Anika up and then their eyes met.

" Tum?"

" Tum meri madat kyun kare ho?"

Kyunki tumne meri behn aur Dadi ki jaan bechai hai," Shivaay stated as he picked her up in his arms and carried her off to a waiting car.

Shivaay turned solemn at that memory.

"Lekin Shivaay ab iss Daksh Khurana ka kya karna hai?," Omkara asked.

"Kuch aisa ki woh dobara meri family par koi hamla na kar sake. I will find everything I can of him and destroy him," Shivaay declared.

" Now we have to wait for Anika Di to wake up. Then Shivaay Bhaiya will crush Daksh like a bug," Rudra whispered to Omkara.

" His condition will be worse than an insect Rudra. Knowing he has targeted someone close to Shivaay, there is no limits as to what Shivaay will plan or has already planned for him.