Beauty awakens

Part Three

Shivaay of course being himself as usual did not sleep more than 2 hours that night. When Anika opened her eyes at 6:30 am, she was startled to see it was not fully light. But then again she usually was not up this early. The clock indicated how early it was. The pain had shot back up once she tried to open her left leg. She chided herself for not wearing better shoes the day of the kidnapping. Perhaps she could have stolen one of the servants' shoes at the hideout. But she was deterimined to escape. She saw Shivaay pacing nearby. He looked tired by the posture of his shoulders like he had all the weight on his shoulders. He must be in some tension too.

Anika stiffened. Pinky Oberoi did not want her near her son. She had indicated numerous times Anika was to blame for why Shivaay had broken things off with Tia, but then they had discovered her decit hours before Anika was kidnapped.

Would Pinky Aunty be upset she was here? She should leave. After all she had told Shivaay they could not be together unless his parents approved him marrying an orphan. She did not think she would ever happen.

Shivaay sighed with relief when he sensed her eyes on him. He grew alarmed when it seemed like she was trying to get up on her own.

" Kya kari ho tum Anika? You need rest," he stated.

" I just wanted to use washroom. I will be ok," she insisted.

" You have sprained your leg badly. You even injured your head. I will get someone to come help you. There is no way you are running away this time!," he declared.

She frowned at him.

" Vaise tumhe kuch yaad hai se sub kuch kaise hua?," Shivaay asked.

Yes she had left Oberoi Mansion shortly after Tia s true intentions had come to surface.

Tia had planned a fake kidnapping to get Oberois to pay her men a huge amount. But Anika had discovered the truth.

Rudra had caught some pictures too while he was jogging in the gardens. While trying to go live on instagram he had noticed Mrs. Kapoor talking to someone and giving implicit instructions on the plan.

That day would have been Shivaay and Tia's official enagagement announcement, but instead the live video of Mrs. Kapoor's plan was broadcasted.

Knowing that even though they had exposed the Kapoors, Anika knew she shouldn't work or be too friendly with the Oberoi family for awhile.

She did not suspect Daksh Khurana would kidnap her.

She had been feeling like she was being followed that day when she was returning home.

Soumya had followed her to convince her to come back to OM. Then both were suddenly taken from the rickshaw when it stopped at a light.

The last thing she recalled was the rickshaw driver yelling at the kidnappers to stop their crime.

She relayed this in summary of course to Shivaay. She was in no mood to talk more than neccesaary due to her pain and feeling unwelcome here.

" I know Mom said some things to you that maybe..," he trailed off.

" Koi baat nahin Shivaay. I need to leave here soon. I don't want to cause any issues with your family life. Pinky Aunty just wants you to marry a girl with NKK. I am none of those things," she declared.

" Lekin Anika..,"

"Nahin Shivaay main aisa kuch nahin karna chahti jise..

" Anika tumhe ho jise main shaadi kar sakta hoon. There is no one else," Shivaay thought to himself.

Out aloud he stated, " I will convince Mom to allow you to stay here until you are better."

Anika seemed unsure but merely nodded her head.

He hesitated for a moment before he came out with it.

"Anika ek baat batao, Daksh ne tumare saath kuch kiya toh nahin?," he asked with a lump forming in his throat.

She looked at him with an astonished look.

" Agar usne woh vaise two rupee harkate karne ki koshish ki hoti, toh woh aaj chalne ki layak nahin hota. Aap kya karte agar usne aisa kuch kiya hota?," she asked cautiously.

Shivaay clenched his teeth.

" Anika agar usne aise socha bhi, toh main usse jane se mar dunga," Shivaay declared.

Anika was stunned with his anger.

Shivaay wanted the full details of the past five days. But he was relieved that Anika had not been harmed in the ways he feared she had.

Two hours later..

Soumya, Anika and Priyanka sat together having breakfast.

Shivaay had a meeting to attend within an hour but he stopped to look at Anika as she talked with the girls.

Her hair was damp with a recent shower. Her forehead had a small gash with some bruising around it. He was upset it wasn't covered.

" Anika ," he called.

She looked up at him.

"Bhaiya app ki koi meeting thi na?," Priyanka asked.

"Haan Priynku . Hi Soumya. Anika your wound should be covered," he hissed.

The other two girls exchanged knowing looks.

"Theek hai Billuji. I will get it dressed in some time," she insisted.

" No I will do it now," he declared.

He went up to his room to grab his personal first aid kit.

" Yeh ladki bhi na," he said to himself.

Shivaay ignored the girls and his brothers who arrived as he brought the first aide kit for Anika and began to dress her wound.

" It will sting ok?"

Anika tried not to laugh at him.

He applied the antispectic ointment.

" Om Bhaiya yeh hai example of true love!"

" Rudra yeah when Shivaay admits it of course."

They all watched on as Shivaay blew on her forehead and then gently put a fresh dressing on her wound.

He slightly caressed her hair.

" Take care Anika. I will be back in a few hours," he stated.

Anika watched him walk away. She felt they had something deep between each other.

" Bade Bhaiya ko pyaar hogaya hai," Soumya declared after Anika too left the room.

" Aisa toh lagta hai," Omkara said hoping his older brother had found his true love after all.

" As long as Om or Shivaay Bhaiya don't marry Lady Baba types and become pyara dhan I am cool with them falling in love," Rudra declared.

"Dumbell Oberoi you think your brothers are stupid like you?," Soumya yelled.

Omkara left them both to fight it out. Priyanka had already left with Anika.

Pinky Oberoi was happy now that Shivaay and Tia had not wed.

Anika had saved them all yet again.

However was Anika good enough for Oberoi family? She was not quite sure. She would have to test her.

If the girl was worth kidnapping there was something about her. What was so special?

Meanwhile..

" Shivaay I was going to be rich. I was going to have a great deal with the Bajaj family. You may have Anika back with you, but it's only a matter of time before I have her for good," Daksh declared in his hideout.

He would have to wait sometime for his plans however. Shivaay's private detective and the regular police were after him.

He would come back to finish what he started.