Part 9

Part Nine

The sangeet day dawned. Omkara, Rudra, Gauri, Priyanka along with Saumya had discussed the several significant moments between Shivaay and Anika that had brought them together. They put together a skit. It would end in the manner of how Shivaay and Rudra found the girls after they were kidnapped.

Gauri fought tears when Omkara enacted Shivaay's feelings when he found out Anika was missing.

She ran to them and hugged them both tightly.

Anika and Shivaay consoled her and then were brought by the others to the center of the dance floor. For a moment their song O Jaana filled the air around them. They were lost in each other.

The music ended and everyone shed happy tears and clapped for the couple.

The next morning dawned with Anika's haldi ceremony being helmed by the Sharmas and her dadaji.

Gauri and Sahil joked around and played pranks with others present. The new found siblings discussed stealing the shoes in a few hours of their to be Jiju.

Anika had just come out of her room after freshening up after her haldi ceremony when she saw a starling message on her phone.

She quickly composed herself knowing what would happen next.

Anika turned suddenly and gasped. She had to play the damsel in distress if she wanted this evil out of her life for good.

How he had escaped from police custody and arrived here at TD Bajaj's mansion was beyond her comprehension. But the enemy had arrived in the trap. She had to let him believe he was winning.

" Tum yahaan kyun aaye ho?, she asked.

" Meri hone wali biwi ko lene, he declared.

Anika looked at him miffed.

"Lekin tuhme Shivaay ne chorengaye, Anika declared.

Daksh chuckled evily.

"Come outside in ten minutes meet me a at the corner of the compound. If you don't come there by the end of ten minutes, I will take Gauri instead, he hissed.

Anika clenched her fists, her fingernails embedding into her palms.

"Theek hai, she muttered.

Anika smiled after her left.

She picked her phone and said "Baazi Humari Hogi, dus minute.

She quickly hung up the phone.

She stepped outside. She looked lovingly over at her younger siblings. Then turned solemn began walking away from her grandfather's compound.

Daksh pulled her into the awaiting van.

" Welcome Anika. Just a few months with me then you will be free to be up where you belong, he sneered.

( Goli Maar playing from Saatya)

They bicker back and forth with his goons joining in.

Anika was beyond irritated. She fingered the gold chain and locket on her neck. Daksh looked over at her.

" What a cheap gift to give your fiance ! Agar tune meri baat pelhe manle hoti, maybe I would have showered with you gifts But you left me for Shivaay. I cannot forgive you for that Anika, he stated.

Anika tried hard to roll her eyes.

Unknown to her, someone was listening to their exchanges.

Suddenly the van stopped short.