Surprises

Part Four

Pinky made her plan to test Anika.

" You know Jethaniji Shivaay ka birthday hai kal. He likes all that Italian food but I wish mujhe aata bana," Pinky stated.

She was being extra loud.

"Kuch log aisie baite rehte hai sare din," she muttered.

Anika heard and limped over to them.

"Anika beta how are you feeling now?," Jhanvi asked concerned.

Pinky noticed the limp too but was trying to determine if her son should really give this middle class girl time of day.

"Pinky Auntie agar aap chao main khana banlongi," she stated.

"Tuhme aata yeh sab banana?," she asked.

Anika nodded.

She had learned from Omkara and Rudra some time back. She had deciphered various cookbooks Om had leant her.

She wanted to impress Shivaay someday. Why not on his birthday? Tomorrow he would want to be with his family. She did not wish to prolong her stay here too long. She would make him dinner tonight.

Omkara came home from the art gallery was surprised to see Anika at work in the kitchen. She had instructed a servant to help her grab the things she could not get to due her sore leg.

"Anika tum itna sab kuch kyun kari ho? Shivaay will be upset to see you not resting," Om chided her.

" Kal Billuji ka Happy Birthday hai na? I am making Italian food for him, just like you and Rudra taught me.

Omkara smiled.

"Anika tumne kisne batiya ki Shivaay ka birthday kal hai? His birthday is in September," Omkara stated.

Anika looked blankly at him.

" Pinky Auntie baat kari thi na..

Omkara shook his head.

" His birthday is the 7th of September," Omkara stated.

" Oh that is why I was given the cold treatment last year. I didn't wish him on his birthday," Anika marveled.

" But you may continue if you wish," Rudra exclaimed.

Omkara and Anika looked at him surprised.

" You know Bhaiya has been tensed for you Anika Di. This will make him and all our bellies happy today," Rudra declared.

Anika and Omkara laughed.

The pain suddenly shot up Anika's leg as she nearly lost her balance as she misstepped while laughing.

"Aahh!," she yelled.

The brothers arrived by her side.

" Kya hua? Anika you should rest," Omkara stated.

" Nahin joh kam main shuru karti ho main usse poora karke chordungi," she declared.

" But Didi aap thori dhere rest karo na. If something happens, Shivaay Bhaiya humari jaan lenge," Rudra cried.

" Dumbell get that stool. Anika rest your leg for sometime. You can sit and chop vegetables. Once everything else is done you can work with the stove," Omkara advised.

Anika nodded.

The brothers joked around with her and helped her when she would allow them to.

Shivaay went up to his room sometime later to drop off some of his things. He then headed to see how Anika was.

She was not in her room.

He found Priyanka and Soumya sitting at the dinning table waiting for something it seemed like.

" Aaj bada maaza aane wale hai. Elders ne aapna khana kaliya , aur hum youngsters khana kayenge saath mein," Soumya stated.

Priyanka saw him first.

" Hello Shivaay Bhaiya. Aap kaise hain?,"

" Tum dono yahan abhi soye nahin?," he asked.

" Aap ka wait kare the. Aap ke liye ek accha surprise hai," Soumya stated.

He looked at them puzzled until Rudra and Om arrived with Anika each with dishes in their hands.

Rudra and Omkara did a classy walk as they waited for Anika to catch up to them.

" Aaj Bhaiya ke liye, Anika ne khana banaya," Rudra declared.

" Kya tuhme khana bana ata hai?," Shivaay asked.

Anika smiled through her pain.

"Haan surprise!"

Shivaay seated Anika before he sat down and lifted the covers.

He was beyond stunned.

With raised eyebrows he said , " Italian?"

" Aap birthday nahin hai aur aap ko Italian pasand nahin hai right?," Anika asked dumbfounded.

Shivaay smiled.

Unknowingly, he placed his hand on hers.

" Italian is my favorite, thanks so much Anika. But after dinner, you are taking your medicine and going to bed," he stated firmly.

Anika frowned and begged his brothers silently to help her. They merely shrugged.

Pinky looked on seeing Shivaay smiling and enjoying with his siblings after along time.

Test one, Anika had passed . However who was Anika and did she have a family? With these thoughts Pinky retired to bed. Shakti was fast asleep by now. She sighed before settling down herself.

Shivaay walked Anika to her room after dinner.

" Shivaay main sochri thi, ki kal main aapne ghar chale jaungi."

He looked at her angrily.

" Doctor wants you to rest a few days. You have only been here a day or so," he stated.

" Haan lekin main kis haq se yahan ruk sakti hoon?," she asked.

Shivaay sighed and crossed his arms.

" Ek baat puch ni thi."

"Boliya na,"

" Shaadi karogi mujhse."

Anika looked at him flabbergasted.