fifteen

We heard sirens. Like, cop sirens.
Max:Shit!!
He let go of me and i finally screamed as loud as i could. The sirens stopped and my dad slapped me again. We heard the door downstairs bust open and my mom started crying. We weard foot steps comming upstairs and to my room. I was still laying on my bed crying as i saw a cop handcuff my dad. There was something with one of the cops. I knew him from somewhere. I just could not see who it was clearly, as my vision was so blurry from all the tears. He came up to me, sat me up and wiped my tears away. I could see him now. It was Drew! I hugged him so tight and i didn't let go. He hugged me back and wispered in my ear. Drew: everything is going to be ok! I promise.

He repeated the same sentances like 3 times and it made me calm down. 2 cops left with my dad and Drew was still with me.
Drew: let se look at you face.
I backed off a little and looked at him.
Drew:you are really red. How long was he holding you like that?
Vanessa:i don't know, but it felt like forever. I literelly thought i was going to die!
I started crying again, and he hugged me.
Drew: everything is going to be ok. Your parents are not going to be near you again.
Vanessa: am i going to move to another family?
Drew: no you dont need to. You are 18 soon, you are able to take care of yourself.
Vanessa:but where am i going to live?
Drew: here, in this house.
A question popped up in my head. I backed off and asked him:
Vanessa:but..how are you so sure? I mean, this would take a lot longer. Arent you supposed to talk with lawyers and all that stuff?
Drew: i have.
I sat there staring at him with a look that just screamed "wtf?"
Drew: Vanessa, i knew this was going to happend, ever since we talked with your parents about you not beeing allowed to date and when i heard the conversation between him and the doctor. I understood that your parents were not good parents so i started right away and made everything ready for you. Your parents are now going to jail for 6 months. And when they come out they will not be anywhere nearby you. 

you are going to be living in this house. We will get you back to school and you will not have to go a year extra. You will not have to pay any rent untill you get a full time job and the most important part: you can date whoever you want and do whatever you want with your life. Just like every kid should be able to