15.0

Jealousy

Mike WheelerxReader

ever since eleven had been gone, you had grown closer to mike. countless nights which consisted of mike rambling about how much he missed her. he was in love with her. and yet despite this, you still developed feelings for him. and boy, did you regret it.

"Y/N!" you heard mike shout from the other side of the hallway. you turned back to see a giant grin on mike's face.

"Y/N, the snowball's soon," he took a small breath in and continued, "i was thinking, we could go together? just as friends? it would make my world."

of course you couldn't say no, you had liked him for months! "i would love to," you said, blushing very slightly. in a comfortable silence, he simply nodded and walked you to your next class.

you were so overjoyed, you couldn't stop smiling the whole day. not realising how deep in your thoughts you were, you felt a tug on the sleeve of your hoodie.

"hello? earth to Y/N?" you finally heard max say, becoming annoyed by the fact she had to keep repeating herself. you quickly apologised for your actions and max shakes her head.

"i've been calling your name for like the past 5 minutes, what were you thinking about?" you laughed at her exaggeration.

"um, i-i was just thinking of the english homework we had been set," you lied.

"but Y/N, you see the thing is, we had no english homework. try again," max says, showing more attention to me. you sighed and finally confess to her, "i was thinking about mike, he asked me to the snowball!" you nearly shout in excitement. max immediately grinned, 'awwing' at the fact you were going to the dance with the boy you liked. she was the only one who know about your small crush. mainly because you knew if you told lucas, will or dustin, they'd go straight to mike.

following up to the day before the snowball you were happy. happy because maybe, going to the dance with mike might change how he feels about you completly.

but the thing you feared for most happened. she came back. eleven came home. you could see he loved her. the way he looked at her, the way he spoke to her, the way he 'never stopped calling for 353 days'. and in that moment they hugged, you felt your heart drop. you didn't know what to feel, but you knew you definitely felt your heart breaking.

"Y/N, how many times am i going to tell you i'm sorry!" mike screamed at you. you were both angry at each other's actions.

"how can you ask me to go to the snowball dance and then as soon as your little eleven shows up, you decide to ditch me? who do you take me for?!" you felt the tears threatening to spill and the insides of you burning up. but there was no way you could cry in front of him, let alone cry for him. and before you could let him speak you cut him off, "I HATE YOU!" and with that you ran off, back home, finally letting those tears flow out. you regretted what you said, and little did he know you didn't hate him, in fact, you loved him.

part 2 maybe??