16.0

Friendship Test (Joe Keery x Reader)

Joe and the reader are taking the friendship test like Joe and Gaten did in an interview and Joe confesses his feelings for her.

"Are you guys ready?" the interviewer asked Joe and I as we both simultaneously nodded our heads. Today Joe and I were doing the friendship test since I joined the cast of Stranger Things in Season 3 and we were good friends.

"Ok so first things first, the trust fall" The guy said as I looked at Joe, not bothered at all since he's strong and taller than me. "ok ready Joe?" I asked as he nodded. I turned my back from him and took a few steps away from where he was. I counted to three and fell back and just like I thought he pushed me right back up. "Joessss turn" I said, it coming more out like a song. "Ok (y/n) I am putting my whole life on the line so catch me" Joe said, look of uncertainty in his eyes. "Oh relax, I'm somewhat strong" I replied, rolling my eyes. "1....2....3..." Joe said, falling back. Now the catching him part was easy but the getting him back up to his feet was the hard part. "I'm struggling a little" I mumbled using all my force to push him and eventually he was back to his normal height. "See there ya go, told you I could do it" I smirked as he shook his head. "Yeah but you almost couldn't" Joe laughed, sticking out his tongue with me doing the same.

"Alright, next challenge. Compliment each other" The interview said, very enthusiastic. "Ok" Joe said as we both got handed clip boards and began to write. I didn't even know where to begin. There were so many compliments to put and I couldn't even think which ones were the best, they were all so good. It was especially hard for me to think of compliments that wouldn't give away my liking towards Joe. I did indeed have a crush on him but I was never gonna let him know since we both worked together. That would be so awkward if I told him I liked him and he didn't feel the same and then I would have to see him at work. But eventually I had to write something down so I just wrote what first popped into my head until the time was up.

"Who's going first?" Joe asked and I shrugged. "Um I'll go" I replied as he nodded, smiling and facing me. "Joe, you have a really nice personality. Everything about it makes me smile ear to ear and when you walk into the room, ready to work I just can't help but get excited" I said, a hint of blush peeking through.

"(y/n), you are so kind it blows my mind. Hey that kinda rhymed.. anyways, being around you just makes me a better and happier person" and if I was barely blushing then, I definitely was blushing now. "Well, I love having you around because my weirdness doesn't look that weird when you are around" I said making him laugh. "That's true. We do some strange things on set" Joe mumbled laughing, taking a step closer to me. "Speaking of weird, (y/n) what I love about you is that there hasn't been a day on set where I am bored because you always have something to do or think of something to do which I find completely interesting" I could feel my heart melting but hurting at the same time. Here Joe was complimenting me but for an interview not just to me personally because he likes me. I mean half of this could just be a lie for the viewers. I quickly shrugged my thoughts off and read the last thing on my list.

"I love how you are so good at giving advice to people. Those days when I'm stressed about work or a personal problem you're always around to talk and it's really comforting and helpful" I said looking him dead in the eyes. "AWEEEE" Joe gushed, pretending to be a teenage girl. "Oh hush" I scoffed as he calmed down. "LAST COMPLIMENT," Joe yelled. "(y/n). I love your eyes. They are my favorite feature on you. When you laugh, cry, whatever it is I am just drawn to them" Joe said and I couldn't bring myself to look at him until the interviewer spoke up.

"Ok that was sweet guys and I hate to end it but now it's time for the last challenge. You guys are gonna stand in front of each other and just stare deep into one another's eyes for four minutes."

"Wow this will be perfect for you" I joked referring to Joes last compliment. "Ready... set... go!" The interviewer yelled and we began the challenge. "This is really awkward" I mumbled after a few seconds and Joe agreed. "I'm enjoying it though" he stated, smirking. "Yeah you would" I replied.

A few minutes had went by and we tried to keep straight faces but we failed half of the time. When there was about a minute left, me and Joe wanted to see who could keep a straight face for the longest. "This is easy peasy" I said halfway through and Joe began to smirk. "Let's see how easy it is now" Joe replied and then started making ugly faces. "Ok 1) Cheater and 2) YOU LOSE by making those faces" I said laughing at his stupidity. "Oh.. well I wasn't thinking clearly" He said, shaking his head.

"Alright time is up! So do you guys feel like you can trust each other more?" The interviewer asked while laughing and we both nodded. "Yeah it went really well" Joe responded looking down at me and we answered a few more questions. "CUT" the director yelled and me and Joe said goodbye to everyone there and eventually headed out.

"Now I'm hungry" I said groaning. "Me too, what do you feel like?" Joe asked and I stopped walking to think. "um how about a burger? That sounds oh soooo good" I questioned and Joe nodded, dragging me to the car.

It took about ten minutes to get to the burger joint Joe found online and soon we were seated in a booth. As soon as we were handed menus, I flipped to the lunch specials and it didn't take me that long to figure out what I wanted.

We soon ordered and just as the waiter left, Joe looked at me and he had an expression on his face that I couldn't quite read. "Would you like to say something?" I questioned, a tad curious. "Um (y/n) this might go wrong and to absolute shit but it could go right. Uh while we were filming the video earlier and we were complimenting each other and staring into each other's eyes I just couldn't hold it in anymore. I really... really like you. And I know this might sound so sudden but after that interview, I just realized how much I like you. Just the thought of you knowing is enough even if you don't like m-" Joe started to chatter so I interrupted him. "Joe I like you too, don't worry" I softly said, twirling the straw in my drink, avoiding his gaze. "Oh thank god" Joe mumbled, suddenly sitting back a little which I thought was so adorable. "Well now that we got that out the way, and there's no need to sugar coat anything, would you like to go out with me?" Joe asked as a huge smile formed on my face. "I'll take you up on that offer" I replied. "Guess this is considered our first official date then?" Joe asked and I nodded. 'What a day" I thought to myself.