Chapter Three

:) :) :)

He sat at his table, staring at the towns address book still mentally and emotionally recovering from his flashback. He flipped through the pages slowly scanning through all the names and addresses.

His face grew into a devilish smile as his eyes came across the name he became so familiar with as a child. The name he now hated to hear. The name he once thought was happiness, but now is hell. He grabbed the pen tucked behind his ear and slowly carefully circled the name and address...

 :) :) :)

I slowly strolled into English class looking tired and terrified. Everyone was buzzing and talking about the murder of Dr. Jacobson. I didn't want to take part of the conversation, for it gave me flashbacks of my nightmare and of my killer-my tormentors hands wrapped around my neck slowly putting me into a sleep for eternity.

I shivered at the thought of having to experience that all over again tonight. I found myself standing still in front of the class. Everyone snickered at me. I heard a few whisper "what a freak." I shrugged off the insult and walked my way to my seat.

There I found Keith huddled together, wrapping his hoodie tight around him with his black hood covering half his face, looking like he was giving himself a self-hug. His face usually filled with happiness was now filled with sadness and despair.

"Are you okay?” I asked him with worry.

"I'm fine Kathryn you don't need to worry about me," he whispered from behind his hood.

"Are you sure you look really -" I was cut off.

"Don't worry about me okay worry about yourself!!" 

I was alarmed. "What do you mean worry about yourself!? And of course I'm going to worry about you okay? What's wrong Keith?"

"Nothing just leave me alone!" 

He started sounding angry and worried, but what could he possibly worry about? Maybe he was just as freaked out about yesterday as I was.

"Mr. Lawrence no hats in class," Mrs. Clayton rang from the front of the class.

Keith angrily took off his hood, looking even more annoyed now with his hair messed up. He huffed angrily, pulling out his binder and textbook slamming it onto the desk, making everyone including the teacher jump.

"Keith if you're going to disturb the class then get out!" 

I stared at Keith. He seemed like he didn't care at all whether he was here or not.

"Whatever, I don't care."

"Then get out."

"Fine." 

Keith started grabbing his stuff and throwing it into his backpack before he got out of his desk. I stopped him.

"Wait Mrs. Clayton he didn't even do anything wrong!" I protested.

"Miss. Chambers, would you like to be thrown out as well?”

"No..." I started to say.

"Then sit down," Mrs. Clayton said with a warning tone.

"But he didn't even do anything! He's just upset is all-" I started protesting.

"Miss. Chambers I don't care, sit down! Keith, get out please." 

Keith nodded, got up from his desk and made it to the door. He gave a glance at me then left.

Everyone was looking at me and snickering. I sighed and sat back down, prepared for the lesson.

-Lunch that same day-

I walked to my locker to get my lunch and head out to my spot,x my little island of peace. A loud slam from behind me took my attention. I turned around quickly to find Keith hovering before me, staring at me.

"What's your problem?" I asked.

"You," he growled.

"What did I do?"

"You know what you did! Why did you stand up for me in English?" he said while slamming my locker shut. I started walking away down the hall.

"Hey! Don't walk away from me!"

"Too late."

I smirked. He huffed angrily and jogged to catch up to me. We walked out through the door and eventually we made our way to the Oak tree. My Oak tree. 

I sat down with Keith next to me. Then I froze, my mind spinning with questions. Why did you let him come with you? This is your spot! And yet I really didn't seem to care and yet I knew deep down we might actually be great friends.

"I'm sorry I uh, snapped at you back there..." he said looking uncomfortable at saying sorry.

 As I was getting out my sandwich, I said "It's fine...but what did you mean, I was just trying to help?" 

Keith shook his head and sighe staring at the grass ahead of him "No one's actually stood up for me before, so all of this is new to me...friends...it's different."

"I know what you mean. I don't really have friends,"  As I took a bite out of my sandwich.

"Well you do now," Keith said smiling. I almost choked on my food, surprised by his answer. I swallowed. I looked at Keith and he looked at me and we burst into laughter. We laughed and talked all lunch...

-Later that night-

I was screaming in pain and fear, my cheeks painted with my tears as I watched this creature tie me to the black wall stained of blood spatters.

I was begging, pleading for him to set me free. His face was covered by his black hood, but I could see his smirk under the shadow. My body was stuck in an X. he walked over to the other side of the room and rolled his table over closer to me. My heart started hammering against my rib cage as I saw all the different kinds of knives. Tears started rolling down my cheeks even more. He chuckled at my pain and my terror. He grabbed a small knife from the variety of tools. He turned his muscled body quickly to me, lifted his arm and threw the knife. It landed in between my legs with a pang.

He grabbed now a bigger kitchen knife. I shook my head. He again lifted his arm and threw the knife. It landed now inches from my fingers on my left hand. He laughed as he got another bigger sharper knife.

This time instead of throwing it directly at me, he came slowly towards me. He got the knife and held it to my left wrist.

"Please no p-please!" I couldn't speak any more for my sobs made my words unspeakable.

I saw a disgusting grin grow on his face. He sliced my wrist open; my screams filled the room. My tears were leaving my cheeks landing onto the wooden floor. I watched as my blood came down my arm and dripped onto the floor, slowly making a small puddle of blood.

I turned slowly to look at my harasser he dropped the knife onto the floor a loud clang was made as it landed. He walked away and grabbed another knife only this knife was the colour of blood. It wasn't my blood. He never used it on me.

He paced back and forth around the room. I couldn't see his eyes but I knew he was staring intensely at me. He stopped directly in front of me only on the other side of the room. His red lips pulled upwards into a lazy grin. He slowly lifted his muscular shoulder and threw the knife at me almost in slow motion. It came directly into my eyes...

I screamed, coming out of my dream, my white sheets sticky and tangled around my body. I was again covered in cold sweat. I shuddered and looked at my arms and body and was relieved to find my body untouched.

I leaned against my wall, curled into a ball with my legs tucked into me, my head onto my knees.

I started crying, sobbing away my nightmare with my body shaking.