Chapter Nine

I walked downstairs yawning. I stretched my arms over my head as I walked into the kitchen, my pajama robe dragging across the kitchen tile. I opened the fridge to get out a glass of orange juice. I checked the time. It was 1:00 pm.

I had an hour to get ready before Keith came over to discuss all the murders. Right when I was pouring my orange juice I heard a knock at the door. I looked at what I was wearing and shrugged. Whoever it is can live with me in my pajamas.

I walked to the door scratching my head, making my hair even messier then before. I opened my door and my eyes widened. There stood Keith in blue jeans, a red button up t-shirt with a leather jacket thrown on. His dark brown hair was messy - but a cute kind of messy. He also had on a light blue beanie. His dark brown eyes shined with something I couldn't decipher.

He had a smirk pulling at the corners of his mouth. He also had his backpack over his shoulders with his hands in his pockets. I gulped as I looked down at my clothes. I shouldn't have been up so late last night.

"Hey," Keith said.

"Oh hi, uh I'm sorry I like just got up and...you were supposed to be here at two," I mumbled embarrassingly as I let Keith walk into my house.

"No! No it's alright. Sorry, I should've called. I thought I could swing by early and we could work on it," he told me as he took off his shoes and setting his backpack on the couch beside him. I nodded in response.

"I'm just going to get dressed and I'll be right with you in a second," I called as I was half way up the stairs - shit! I ran back down the couple flights of stairs and peeked my head through the corner where Keith was sitting.

"Uh, could I get you anything before I go?" I asked, trying to sound like a good host. Keith shook his head smiling.

"No thank you" he said with a chuckle as he got out his laptop from his backpack. I nodded and once again ran upstairs. 

I walked into my bedroom and closed the door behind me. I picked out my outfit quickly and brushed my teeth, putting my hair up in a ponytail. I walked down the stairs and I heard people talking. Huh, that's weird. I quietly walked into the living room where Keith was sitting. I almost choked on my saliva at the picture in front of me.

There was my mom. Showing the guy I may or may not have a crush on embarrassing baby pictures of me.

"Uh...Mom what are you doing?" I managed to say even though I was in shock from embarrassment. My mom looked up laughing as she was in the middle of telling Keith the story of how I slapped Santa Clause across the face at the mall when I was seven years old.

"Oh just showing your lovely friend here all of your baby pictures and telling him all the cute stories," she told me in sickeningly lovey voice. I turned to look at Keith and he was giggling on the couch. I glared at my mom.

"Oh honey, stop pouting and come join us," she said, patting the couch beside her, so she'd be in the middle of me and Keith - how typical. I gulped as I sat next to my mom, mentally preparing myself for all the teasing to come.

My mom flipped the pages ever so slowly, it felt like an hour passed when she got to the very last baby photo.

"Ohhhh look at the one!! That was the day that Kathryn went potty all on her own by herself you know she -"

"OKAYYY Mom, I think it's time we get to work ...alone," I said hinting rather obviously for her to go. My mom nodded smiling and picked her book up.

"Nice meeting you Mrs. Chambers," Keith said with a small smile. My mom nodded in response and left.

A couple minutes passed before she popped her head around the corner and mouthed "he's hot" to me. I blushed as I waved her off.