Chapter Six

:) :) :)

Hunter sat at his laptop typing away furiously, the keys making an echo as he searched up the and address of that demon, who brought madness inside him. He sighed as he found the name.

"Gotcha" he whispered as the writing on the screen shined bright into his crystal blue eyes.

:) :) :)

"Who's that cute boy that walked you home?" my mother asked as I waved bye to Keith. I stepped into the house and closed the door behind me, smiling like a fool.

"What? Oh that's just Keith, Keith Lawrence. He's in my English class, he's new," I told her as I took off my shoes and walked into the living room.

I sat beside my mother who was reading a garden magazine. Mom smiled as she flipped through the pages. She looked up at me and gave me "the look". You know, the look your friend gives you when you like someone. Yeah, that look.

"What?" I asked, trying to wipe the smile off of my face. It wasn't working.

"Nothinggg..." my mom said, flipping through the pages quietly.

"Mom...what?"

"Ohh, just that boy is... really handsome." my mom told me, smiling, obviously hinting at something.

"Yeah I guess," I mumbled blushing.

"Sooo..?"

"Whaaat mom?" I sighed.

"Well, he seems like a nice boy and he's handsome-"

"Nope! I am not having this conversation with you!" I told her as I got up from the chair and picked up my backpack.

"But, honey-" my mom whined.

"I'VE GOT HOMEWORK TO DO!" I yelled over my shoulder as I ran upstairs and into my bedroom. I heard my mom give a big dramatic sigh as I closed my door.

-Later that night-

I looked around at my surroundings and shivered. I was standing in the middle of a never ending dirt road.

Surrounding the road was a deep, dark forest filled with the tallest, creepiest trees you could ever imagine. It was night, there was no moon or stars, and it was pitch black. I looked around and I started shivering; I was freezing.

I was only wearing a white shirt and black skinny jeans, and for some reason I was in my bare feet.

"I wonder what would happen if I followed this road," I whispered to myself. I was scared, petrified, but I got the courage to move my feet. Come on Kathryn, one foot in front of the other.

I walked for what felt like hours, maybe even longer. I turned a corner and found myself staring up at a house- more like a mansion. It was three stories high and had stairs leading up to the front door. There were tall white pillars from the stairs to the third floor. At the front of the house there were windows down all the way on both sides.

There was also a balcony on the third floor leading into a bedroom, and two small windows on either side of the third floor. The house had a navy blue colour but it looked pitch black from where I was standing. There were trees surrounding the whole house. They all looked dead and rotten.

I stepped back from the house, trying to look at it in full. I heard footsteps come from behind me but once I turned around, I didn't hear or see anyone... or anything. I turned back again, looking at the house. I heard the footsteps again but they were closer now.

"Hello?" I asked loudly, as I turned around again. I didn't see anything so I turned back and saw a man in a black hoodie stand on my left side. I screamed. He turned his head to me and pointed to the house silently.

I raised an eyebrow in confusion as I followed his arm with my gaze. He was pointing to one of the windows on the highest floor.

There was a little girl in a white dress in the window. Her black hair was in pigtails. I squinted to get a better look. She was smiling and waving at me. I turned to look at the man.

"Go inside."

"What?" I asked him in shock.

"Go inside. It is your house." I stepped back. Who does this guy think he is? 

"This is not my house," I stated to him.

"Yes it is. Go. Now." He told me before he vanished before my eyes. I felt coldness go down my spine. This was creepy.

:) :) :)

Hunter lifted up a huge map of Blue Mound on the wall, the map filling up the entire wall space. He got out some thumb tacks, and pinned up the four corners.

He stepped back to make sure the map was straight, until he noticed something he never noticed before.

"Huh, the population is only 1245? I thought it was more..." he said, folding his arms over his chest. He stood there thinking, he got out a red marker out of his pocket and crossed off the places he's been too.

"Bye dad," he whispered as he drew a big X across his house.

"Bye Dr. Jacobson," he said angrily as he drew another big X over his house.

"Hello there," he mumbled as he a drew big circle around Blue Hotel. He smirked as he stepped back and put the cap back on the marker.

:) :) :)

"Come on girl, you can do this!" I whispered with encouragement as I walked up the steps of the house. I got to the front door; it was old and rotting on its hinges. I gulped nervously as I slowly opened the door and walked through.

The house was dark, but I still could see where I was going so it was okay. There was no furniture or anything in the entire house. The floors were of old, rotting oak and incredibly cold on my bare feet. I heard a little girl laughing and screaming happily upstairs.

I started to walk up the steps but froze when I saw a trail of red handprints up the wall and on the railing. I took another step and stepped in a liquid. I looked down at my feet.

The strange substance was a dark red.

"Please let that be red paint," I said to myself as I put my finger in the liquid and brought it to my nose to smell it. It wasn't paint.

It was blood.

I closed my eyes and tried to control my breathing and my heartbeat as it was beating a million miles a minute. I gave a shaky breath as I continued to walk up the stairs. I got to the top floor where I heard the laughing coming from.

There were red drag marks on the floor, like when you drag your garbage on the ground when you take it out. Basically that, except it was blood red.

I started shaking more and more with each step as I got closer and closer to the laughing. I swung the slightly opened door open wide. I screamed at what I saw before me. There was a little girl having a tea party with two other people... only the two people weren't even alive. Their limp, soulless bloody bodies sat on little kid chairs.

Their eyes were open, but they were entirely white. There were pools of blood everywhere, and there were red hand prints all over the little girl's white dress.

I looked to her face and jumped back when I saw that her eyes too were completely white. She had a sickening smile on her face as she said the words I thought I'd never hear.

"Hello mommy."