Chapter Twelve

"I think these lovely people could help you with that door." 

Fear struck my heart as I heard a deep male voice. I turned my body slowly and found a tall 6'2 man.

He looked to be in his early twenties. He was leaning against the hard wall with a shotgun in his right hand. He had dark black hair and a clean shaved face. He had strikingly handsome features, I noticed he had a large scar running from his eye down to his mouth. He had on a simple tight black shirt that showed he was considerably very muscular. He had a black leather jacket, blue jeans and biker boots.

I looked at his eyes and noticed his blue eyes staring at me. I narrowed my eyes as I saw patients running up behind him. The white crowd ahead of me all had the murderous lust in their eyes.

I gulped and went to my full height. I refused to let these creatures think I was terrified when really I was.

So many questions went through my head: Who is this handsome stranger? Why didn't the patients attack him? Is he the murderer? Or is he a good guy? Is he going to help us? My thoughts got interrupted when the stranger began talking again.

"You know I could kill you, all of you in one nice clean move," the man told us as he got up from the wall. He rubbed his face and glanced at every single one of us. His gaze still lingered onto mine.

"But since I'm feeling generous today ..." He paused.

I saw a short young man with a bruised face and blood splatters across his legs slowly come up to the stranger. His head hung low, he had anxious written all over his face.

"Umm excuse me sir?" the ex-patient asked quietly. I looked at the crowd. They all held there breathe waiting for the man's reaction.

"What?!" the man growled as he half turned his body to face him.

"What about us? Can we kill them?" 

The patient looked at me. His facial expression lighted up like a Christmas tree. He continued.

"Like her! The brown haired girl I'd like to rip her apart," he announced with a creepy smile and wink. I threw up in my mouth but swallowed it back down. That little creep!

The man looked at me then at the boy. He snarled as he grabbed his collar and brought him close.

"Don't you dare lie a finger on them..." 

He turned to the patients while still clutching the boy. “Only get to tell you when to kill, who to kill and how to kill. Got it?" he barked. 

The group violently nodded their heads a yes. He continued back to the man. 

"Don't ever ask me that again or else I'll kill you. Nice and slowly." I gulped. This stranger was incredibly terrifying.

"Yes sir, sorry sir," he fumbled as the leader threw him to the ground. He got up and scattered away into the crowd. 

The man cracked his neck and fixed his shirt as he turned to us again. I got up all the courage from inside me and decided to question him.

"And who exactly are you?" my voice cracking at the final word. I cleared my throat and waited for a reply. His blue eyes hardened as he looked at me.

"Hunter. The now leader of this pathetic town, and everyone in it," Hunter replied smugly.

"Over my dead body," one of the officers spoke up as he stepped in front of me, gun in hand he aimed it at Hunter. I heard his scared heavy breathing as hunter raised an eyebrow in pure amusement.