19🌺: Surprise

Ebony|E 🦋

"Man come on, E! Don't bring the New Year in with the bullshit!"

"ANSWER MY MOTHERFUCKIN' QUESTION THEN!" I yell, clapping my hands.

"Man she ain't do nothing but suck me up! We wasn't together, so why you stressing?"

"Oh, Ian stressing." I shrugged, pulling the rubber band from my wrist and tying my hair up.

"Whatchu doin'?" He asked as I stood up.

"Going to get a fade."

"What the fuck? You not gone be out here fighting! We wasn't even together."

"She knew I was feeling you Tay, and now she throwing the shit up in my face!"

"Why do it matter? It's yours now." He said, sticking his tongue out.

"You swear you got the juice." I snorted as I opened the door.

"E!" He sucked his teeth and I heard him get off the couch. I went down the steps quickly and started on my way to her apartment.

"Happy New Year, Baby!" My trip was cut short at a gruff voice. I stopped and looked to the side, locking eyes with my father.

"Dad?" I was almost surprised since I hadn't seen from him or heard from him in a while. He had wrapped presents in his arms. I stood there, mixed emotions building up inside of me. I saw Tay step beside me in my peripheral.

"Where you go?" I asked with a blank expression, making his smile falter a bit.

"I'm sorry I didn't make it back to spend Christmas with you..." He said, giving me the stack of presents.

"I got some more in the back, but I want you to meet somebody." He said, gesturing to the passenger side of his car. The door opened as I stared at the girl in the passenger seat.

Who the fuck—

"This is Veronica, my fiancé."

"Yo What?" I mugged him. She came and stepped up on the sidewalk. The bitch was dressed like she was going to a movie premier.

"I like ya hair." I pushed the presents back into his chest.

"So you just gone do moms like that?"

"What? You know I haven't seen your mother in six years!" I felt the tears start streaming down my face.

"I told you...I told you she's getting better!" I've been seeing my mama in rehab for the past six weeks and she's gotten so much better.

"You can't trust her words."

"She said she loves you Still—I told you that!" I tried to get closer but Tay cautiously pulls me back. I just turn around and walk straight to my apartment, despite my dad's calls for me. I busted through the door and went to my room, pulling the drawer out where I keep my money.

-Call Ten up and tell him I got him on a tank. I wanna see my mama.

🤴🏽😘: On it

-Can u come with me?

🤴🏽😘: Ofc 💙

"Ebony, I made a choice—MY choice. I'm surprised at you."

"You missed Christmas, and you come in here talking about you getting married and expect me to be like 'Okay!'. No Dad."

"Just give her a chance—where you going."