35. Of Wishes And Cameras

▫▫▫

SHAWN.
▫▫▫

"Theo, get off that couch right now and go get the door!" A voice yelled from inside and I snickered.

A groan was heard, followed by the thumping of shoes as they made their way to the door.

The door pulled open to reveal my shaggy haired cousin. He was a bit younger than Eiffel - by a year - and he was dressed in blue jeans and a check shirt.

"Why, if it isn't my favorite cousins," he smiled, looking at Aaliyah and I. "And my lovely Aunt Karen and Uncle Manuel,"

"How are you, Theo?" My mom hugged him and Theo stepped away from the door so we could come in.

"I would have been just great, but Grandpa keeps yelling at me to get the door," He rolled his eyes.

She laughed as she stepped into the house, my dad following closely behind her. Aaliyah entered the house yelling, "Where's Christie?"

"She's probably somewhere in the house painting her face with make-up and whatnot," Theo replied with a smirk.

Aaliyah snickered as she walked down the hall. Turning to look at Theo, I ruffled his already messy hair and he scowled, "Hands off the merchandise, Mendes,"

It was then that he peered around me and finally noticed Eiffel. A wide grin broke out on his face instantly.

"My, my," he smiled, bringing her hand to his lips as he placed a feathery kiss on it. "Who is this lovely mademoiselle?"

I yanked him away from Eiffel by the collar of his shirt. "Get your filthy hands off her," I glared even though I was trying to smile that was warning its way to my cheeks.

"Dude, take a chill pill," He drawled with a smirk.

"That's my girlfriend you're getting all touchy feely with,"

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed Eiffel blush and Theo's eyes widened, his grin morphing into that of a Cheshire cat's.

"Eiffel," She stuck her free hand out at him for a handshake.

"I'm Theo, malady," He shook her hand as he took a graceful bow. "Shawn's overly dramatic cousin."

Eiffel giggled, the cute sound making me give a smile of my own.

"Well, I'm sure the entire family would love to meet you, Eiffel," Theo smiled and before I could stop him, he yelled loudly to everyone's hearing, "Shawn has a girlfriend! Her name's Eiffel!"

"Really?" Voices rang out simultaneously and in a few seconds Eiffel would be attacked by an array of bone-crushing hugs and cheek kisses.

I whacked the snickering Theo upside the head and turned to Eiffel, "Brace yourself, sweetie. My family's pretty crazy when it comes to things like this,"

I remembered when Christie had brought her boyfriend last year. His cheeks had been decorated with lipstick from my aunts and his limbs were jelly as he had been crushed into several hugs.

The first person to appear was my grandma. Her graying hair was tied in a bun and she was clad in a blue sweater and a long sleeved dress with floral prints.

"Wow," She smiled when she saw Eiffel. "She's beautiful, Shawn,"

Grandma pinched my cheeks before wrapping her arms around Eiffel in a hug. Eiffel hugged her back with a wide smile and I gave her a thumbs up to which she smiled even wider.