Log 03

(a/n : HOSEOK speaks in normal font (on the right) while NAMJOON's words are bolded on the same side.)

Hoseok pushes the bundle of nerves deep into his throat as he settled down in the chair next to Namjoon. Yoongi looked at Hoseok with a smug grin as he turned the camera on.

"22 September 2016. Log 3, patient Min Yoongi."

"Morning, Doctors."

"Good morning, Yoongi. We're here to continue our inquiries. Firstly, any new discoveries on your part?"

Yoongi smacked his lips and leaned back, crossing his arms like he always did. He raised an eyebrow, pretending to be in thought.

"Nothing much. Same ol' waking up in the middle of the night, walking face first into the door, waking up because of that door-nothing new."

"Why do you even ask me the same questions when you know I won't remember?"

"Simply because we think you know but you're not telling us."

"Wait, what?"

"Yeah. You know more than you say you do, don't you?

"If I did, I'd tell you. Look, I want to get out of here. I won't hinder my own escape by feigning ignorance."

"You sure?"

Yoongi's eyes wandered over to the junior resident, who was busy writing notes down as he spoke. Hoseok glanced up from his papers expectantly, boring into the other's eyes in a taunting gaze. Yoongi turned away.

"Yes. I'm-I'm sure."

"I don't think you are, Yoongi. You know what causes your condition."

"If I did I'd tell you."

"Then tell me. What causes your sleepwalking, and how can we fix it?"

"I don't know what causes it, neither do I know how to fix this shit. You're the doctors."

"Oh we know, but we need cooperation and information before we can treat you."

"I don't have any information for you. Just tell me what the hell you want from me that's not information. I'm willing to cooperate, but I just don't know-"

"You know. It's somewhere inside your head, you just need to dig. Dig it out, Yoongi."

"God damn it, how do you expect me to remember something I know nothing about?"

At that point the two doctors and their patient were caught in the same position- both hands on the table in a solid stance, eyes almost piercing through each other as they leaned in with every asserting question. Namjoon narrowed his eyes as a silence settled in the tense atmosphere.

"Yoongi."

"...yeah?"

"Do you think that, if you didn't wake up every time you hit the door, you'd see more of your dream?"

"I-...I..."

"I've never thought of it that way."

"But yeah, maybe..."

Something strange sparked in the Jung, as he took a fleeting glance at his patient. He saw a desperation in his eyes, the same kind that he saw in all their eyes. All the people surrounding that table had a want, a desperation for something-Yoongi to leave, Namjoon to be free from his memories of the Wing, and Hoseok...
Hoseok didn't want to know what he wanted.

"Listen, Yoongi. I want to help you. We all do. You're willing to help us, right? Abide by what we need you to do?"

"I suppose."

"Okay then. We need you to sleepwalk. As you usually do. But this time, we'll open the door."

"Wait, you mean you're gonna let me walk freely? Aren't you scared I'll run away or something?"

"That's why we have these guys."

Namjoon jerked a thumb backwards, towards the stone-faced guards.

"Oh, and we're obviously following along too."

"You're-following?"

"Yeah, we need to take notes and be there when you wake up."

"Oh."

"That's...is that all for today?"

"...Yes. The next time we see you will be...well, maybe we'll come in randomly."

"Log number three, patient Min Yoongi, 21 September 2016. Log ended."