Part 2 - Getting There

We had only been in the car 10 minutes and I was already completely nervous. I was shaking so much and my heart felt like helicopter propellers. All I could think about was what would Cel think about me. Would he like me? Would he think I was a freak? Oh God I was so terrified. My Mum was fine though, casually listening to Radio too whistling away. She was wearing a VERY low cut top and I was scared that would be the only thing Cel would be focusing on. It made me feel sick.

''Mum! Can we change it to Radio 1 now? I can't take much more of this shit music''

''Hey! Mind your language young lady. And not yet, after this song'' I sighed.

''Please?! I hate this song!'' It was some ABBA song. But before I knew it she was singing away...

''DANCING QUEEN, YOUNG AND SWEET ONLY 17'' OH WOW. I put my hands over my hears attempting to block out the terrible sound my Mum called 'singing' After what felt like 5 hours the song finally finished and I switched it over to Radio 1. Boyfriend by Justin Bieber was playing. I decided to sing along;

''IF I WAS YOUR BOYFRIEND I'D NEVER LET YOU GO'' My Mum looked guilty.

''Did I really sound as bad as that?'' I laughed.

''No you sounded worse'' I stopped singing.

For the next couple of hours we listened to Radio 1 and I resisted the urge to burst into song again. We had come off the motorway now and were so close to Manchester. I squealed.

''Please don't do that, it hurts my ears'' My Mum said. I laughed.

''I'm just so excited oh my god!!!'' This time my Mum laughed. For the next 10 minutes I began to shake more and even started sweating. I was so exited yet so nervous at the same time. There was a lot of adrenelin going through my body right now. Suddenly I saw a sign for Manchester! omgomgomg. 

''MUM! WE'RE NEARLY THERE HURRY UP!'' She sighed.

''I know I know calm down!'' I squealed again.

We were so close now. Albert square was in the middle of the city. OH MY GOD. It took about 10 minutes but eventually I was able to see a lot of people and I could see the parade! We were there!!! My Mum parked up and I jumped out of the car and instantly went in search of Cel. I searched for 10 minutes but I still couldn't find him. I felt like crying,  my Mum came over to me.

''hey sweetie you found him yet?'' I turned to her;

''What does it look like?'' She sighed. 

''You'll find him eventually we just got to keep looking'' I nearly cried

''Yeah but you don't understand how much this means to me! Cel is everything to me! and if we can't find him then there was no point in coming here! No point at all! I feel like crying right now and it feels like we're never going to find him!'' My Mum interrupted me.

''Ummmm Amber....''

''No whatever you say isn't going to help! I just want to meet Cel is that really to much to ask? I mean honestly! We're never going to find him for fuck sake!!!'' Suddenly I felt a tap on my shoulder and someone said

''Hey, It's Cel''