11%

2 Years Later
Logan's Maverick Mansion / 1:30 PM / March 17, 2020

"Logan?" Someone called out. Thinking it was George, I turned around.

"George!" I nodded, taking a hit on my cigarette.

"Stop that, you've completely broken yourself because-" He said, but I cut him off.

"Because, what?" I said through my gritted teeth, standing up in front of him, completely towering his height. Throwing away the cigarette I was holding.

"B-because-" He stammered.

"I swear to God if you say it, you will be the one next in the missing list," I threatened.

He opened his mouth as to say something, but closed it immediately.

"That's exactly what I thought," I whispered under my breath, sitting down and staring at my now full of ash pool.

I lit another cigarette.

Never got to clean it right after Manager Jeff's house burned down. I never got to feed Kong as well, leading him to his death. I ended up firing Lydia and Brendan and completely shutting down the whole Logang Family. I never got to look at my Twitter again nor my Facebook. I didn't even have enough energy to hire people to clean my house nice and tidy.

"I'm leaving," George said. I didn't even bother to look around or give him a nod.

"And you think I care?" I laughed bitterly, taking another hit with a shot of whatever I am drinking.

"I found Ayla. You don't care? Good," He said, as he went inside my house and finally left.

I found Ayla.

That's all I can hear right now.

I found Ayla.

 I stood up, dropping everything I am holding and ran to chase George, but it was too late. I came out of the house with his car driving at the end of the street.

"Fuck!" I yelled, kicking my front gate, regretting it instantly. The pain started to shoot from my foot on the way to my thigh.

I also made Evan leave my house. I didn't need him anymore. Eventually, Brendan and I were okay in between the issue with Ayla missing. But now I don't care anymore. They don't need me and I don't need them. Easy.

I went inside my house and sat down on the chair in my backyard.

I found Ayla.

I poured the liquid into my cup and drank it all the way down. I lit another cigarette, inhaling the smoke as I looked at where Kong was buried. My pond was full of ashes and dead fishes as well.

I stood up, looked around my backyard and realized how dirty it was. The Buddha was already cracked in half. It still has that stupid smile and the wrinkled eyes.

The pool was completely green. I looked around once more, it was a disaster. Every plant was all brown and sad, instead of it being green and happy. I felt empty, for the very first time. I looked up and the sky was gray, ready to pour any minute now. I walked toward the Gym and just stood there in the middle, admiring the art.