s i x

[Season 4, before Internment]

No P.o.V.

Margo immedeately tensed at his words. She knew it, she fucking knew this wasn't gonna turn out good and she would stop this right there, because she wasn't going to "take chances" like her father did, she wasn't gonna get back to being helpless and depending. But before her mouth could open and the words stumble out of her parted, chapped lips, George grasped her by the forearm and yanked Margo to him, "Listen here Margo", his grip tightened, "You stop right there and let me manage, otherwise the two of us are gonna have some serious problems". She had to blink. They used to have discussions, yes and they would have different opinions to defend but never ever had her dad used a tone that harsh on her and never ever would he threaten her. The blond women regained her composture, let out an annoyed huff before she took Nico by his hand and dragged him away from the two men, to the prison. Her digits pressed into his palm, she was sweating, trying to contain herself. 

The longer her feet walked over the dark gravel the more angry Margo became. For fucks sake, she was a grown ass women of 27 years and still couldn't stand up to her own father one single time. He was so authoritative with his "wall of sancity" built around him and there was no hammer Margo could use to destroy it.

"There..", Rick scraped the back of his neck, his blue eyes darting to the ground,"There has been a sickness. It- It hasn't spread out to our cell block yet but Sasha and Glenn started caughing today morning and.. Hershel is our only doc- well he was a vet but still-". "I'll help. We just want food, safety and to keep our weapons", George interrupted, countenance stern. Ricks face on the other hand lit up, a smile appearing as he stuck out his hand, confirming their deal. He didn't expect him to agree, didn't expect them at all to even consider staying but he was reliefed they did. And he was reliefed to see that Margos father wasn't gifted with that very special kind of attitude of hers. Or at least it didn't show yet.

"Hey you there, listen up!", a deep voice shouted over the field, drawing everyones attention back to the lined up vehicles near the fence. Margo turned around, accidentaly scratching her nails over Nicos wrist as she let go of his fingers. Tyreese, the muscular, tall guy and brother of Sasha was stomping through the grass, his hands balled up into fists, ready to punch the hell out of someone, who appeared to be Margo.

Then he started shouting, "If you ever-", "Tyreese c'mon, calm down", Rick spoke, trying to grab his grey shirt when he walked by but failing miserabely. "If you ever-", he started again, pointing his finger at her, "Touch my sister again-", now he was close up, his chest almost bumping into hers as his dark eyes burnt down into her skull. "If you ever, ever touch my sister again, you ain't gonna get away with it that easily anymore, understood?!", he spat, nostrils flaring. His shoes crunched as he turned around, trying to walk off but his anger was wrapped around his throat like a string, pulling him back. Margo didn't say anything, she just stood there, accepting the threat, which upset Tyreese even more. Even if she wasn't sassy, or fighting back, she just seemed so cold and heartless and it made his blood boiling, pumping through his veins at a wild pace."What? You ain't gonna say anything, huh?!", "There's nothing t-", Margo started calmly but the rest was swallowed by a strong punch hitting her face. She saw it coming, of course she did but she also decided to accept, which doesn't mean that it didn't hurt like hell. But there were reasons and responsibility to carry, for her dad, for Nico. Not everyone could learn to think corporative but it was her task to show self-respect and posture even in a world in which everything seemed to dwindle. The law was her guide, the memories her support and as long as those existed, she wouldn't punch back in a situation like this. So Margo just got back up on her feet, wiped away the blood dripping from her lips and looked at Tyreese. "I understand", she said, nodding.