s i x t e e n (Episode 8 Too far gone Start)

(Episode 6 and 7 are mostly about the Governor and him meeting a new group of people. Since I don't want to/ can't incoorporate my characters in those episodes I'm skipping them but of course it still happened and if you want to catch up on those you can rewatch the series!)

[Season 4, Too far gone]

Margos P.o.V

I sat on my bed, back leaned against the cold wall with Nico laying inbetween my legs. After exchanging those few sentences with Daryl I had gotten back to our cell, where I found my brother staring at the slatted frame of the upper bed. 

"Hey", I spoke under my breath. 

I could see the emptiness lingering in his greyish blue eyes and the drained usual redness of his soft cheeks. His chest heaved exhausted, his hand hung limp over the bedframe and his lips were slightly parted but not the tiniest twitch could signalize an answer to slip from them. When I moved to stand next to the high sleeper and placed my hand softly against its metal case, he bent his knees, moving his legs for me to sit. I sighed and he pulled his hand up to put it over his stomach. My feet shuffled on the floor as I firmly gripped the pipe on my shoulder height to turn around and gently let myself flop down. The sheets crinkled under the weight and like a pebble in the water I caused some ripples which jumped lazily over the frabric. With the quietness in the whole block I felt like my slight movements and the rustling of the sheets had caused an orchestra loud enough to wake everyone in here. My lungs filled akwardly as an uncomfortable feeling washed down my spine. I looked back at Nico, searching for eyecontact but his eyes were still glued to the upper bunk. I cleared my throath and parted my legs slightly into a triangle. 

"Come on", I spoke in a tiny voice and reached my hand out to him. For the first time I entered the tiny cell his eyes darted towards mine and glistened at me with emotion. The blue was still matt but I could finally see the green shimmer which usually coated them and it gave me a spark of relief. He got onto his ellbows and gripped my hand tightly to pull himself further up. My brother had always been pretty skinny and getting him onto his butt was an easy task. He moved over my right leg and plopped between them to lean his back against my chest. The brown hair of his tickled slightly under my chin as the back of his neck sunk down on my clevage. His hands went to rest on his belly as he lifted his head slightly and turned to snuggle his face into my pale skin.

 It had been a while since we layed like this. Years to be exactely but still my arms instinctively moved to cover his as I placed my cheek between his wild mess of hair. I breathed in the familiar scent of home mixed in with some wooden smell and whispered into it, "Did you think about Ben and Seb?"

He nodded. I knew he didn't really enjoy talking about them but his thoughts were with the two a lot. Unlike me he didn't try to forget and control the memories about the past, or ignore the things we've lost, or give up on the people who vanished. Every second he remembered was like a meal he would savour from for months. Like a guiding light shining through every foggy nightsky to lead him on and I know he always wanted me to see it too. He tried to grab my hand and pull me on to the right path with him so desperately but I coudn't move my feet. It's like they have been glued to the same spot for years, I can't move on, neither can I think back, my only option is to stay exactly were I am but ever since we've been staying at the prison something about that changed and I didn't know if I liked it yet.

"I like the new Margo", Nico suddenly said. It was one of those many times were I actuelly started to wonder if my little brother was able to read my mind. I didn't tell him about the flashbacks and I wasn't going to tell him, hell I didn't even know what they meant myself. All I could feel was the fading of my normally strong and aggressive presence and I guess the people around me recognized it too.