15: [And so the Tables Were Turned 4] You're Me!

Draco stared at Piper in disbelief. What had just come out of her mouth? And then he looked at the black-haired man in front of them and realised that he had understood her perfectly well. They exchanged incomprehensible lines of nonsense sounds at a disturbing rate that made Draco dizzy. When no indication as to how they could communicate in this made-up language came, he started to get really annoyed. Ultimately, he stamped his foot down into the dirt twice and said, "What the Hell is going on here?!"

Piper stared back at him as if he had gone mad, then she turned back to the stranger. "Eigo wo hanasu koto dekimasu ka?" she seemed to ask him, and the man immediately began to nod his head vigorously. "Yes, yes," he said, and this Draco could understand.

He walked up to Piper. "Who the Hell is this? We don't have time for friendly conversations right now. After all, you were the one who dragged us here, so bloody come help us, then!"

"Sorry," Piper said. Turned to the black-haired stranger, she said: "What is your name, sir?"

"Sakanoue Yousuke," the man replied. "And you are ...?"

"Piper Malfoy, but I should probably say Malfoy Piper so you get my names in the correct order, right?"

To Draco's great irritation, his sister and the stranger started to laugh. "What the bloody Hell is going on?" he demanded. "Piper, for fuck's sake! Explain yourself!"

Piper sighed. "This young man here is obviously Japanese, because he was cursing quite outspokenly in Japanese just a minute ago. Said things like 'bloody bastard' and 'sonofabitch'; you know how it goes better than anyone. So I asked him if he speaks English, and the rest you know."

Draco gaped. "You know Japanese? How can you know Japanese?"

The sister shrugged indifferently. "I took some classes a while back."

"Japanese classes? Why?"

"To impress you. I know you think I'm stupid and ignorant and all that, and I wanted to prove you wrong by learning something really difficult. I just wanted to show you that I can be smart, too."

Draco was moved that she would do such a thing for him. But shock still had the better of him. "Why did you go and choose Japanese? When are you ever going to get use for that?" He looked at the black-haired man. "I take that back. You are finding your language skills very useful right now. But still; why?"

"I made a list of all the things you would never even dream of doing, then I wrote them down on tiny pieces of parchment and put them all in a hat. The piece of paper I drew out of the hat said 'Japanese studies', so ... that's pretty much it. And you know what? I discovered it was actually rather easy."

"Marufoi-san wa rikou desu ne?" the Japanese bloke said with a friendly smile.

"Hai, hai!" Piper replied, and laughed.

"What?" Draco said.

"He said, 'Miss Malfoy is accomplished, isn't she?' and I confirmed it," Piper explained. "So, tell me, Sakanoue-san, what are you doing here?"

He walked up to the shrubbery that Piper and Draco had left behind them, stopping next to Harry. "I am here to rescue someone."

"Oh. Are you a wiz—"

"Piper!" Draco hissed warningly, and stepped on her foot. He gave her a murderous look.

"Ow!" She scowled at him. "I just thought that since he can see the castle—"