16: [And so the Tables Were Turned 5] Love and Hate

"Harry, are you all right in there?" Draco wondered worriedly, his ear to the bathroom door. "You've been in there forever. Can't you come out instead so we can talk about this? You're scaring me when you're this quiet. Harry?"

"Shut up!"

"Wow! He's really getting a hang on being you, Draco."

"Piper, shut up and go somewhere else, will you? This is between me and Harry. I'm letting you stay for now, but only until you've found a counter-curse for this, okay? Go make us some tea or something, it's always been good for me when I've been feeling queasy."

Piper saluted him, and said, "Aye-aye, Captain Dreadful! Yes, sir, will do, sir!"

He hit her on the arm to make her go away. Then he turned back to the bathroom door. "Harry, Piper's gone now, so it's okay for you to tell me how you feel now," he said reassuringly.

"Shut up!" Harry called from inside the locked bathroom. "I don't want to hear myself asking me how I am!"

"But it's not you asking—it's me," Draco protested in lack of understanding.

"Oh, you know what I mean! You sound like me! You look like me! Hell ... you are me. I don't like it; it scares the shit out of me."

Draco was silent for a long time. "I understand, Harry. It scares the shit out of me, too, but now it's already been done. We can't change it. At least not yet. So I guess we'll have to figure out a way to cope with this—being each other, I mean. Hell, Harry, just come out of there. You're the smart one, I need you to work this out for me, I can't bloody think without you. One would think that I would have your brains now, but you obviously brought them along for your vacation in my body."

Harry laughed inside the bathroom. A smile formed on Draco's lips. He finally seemed to have managed to break the ice between them. He no longer thought his lover would mind if he unlocked the door magically, so he took out his wand, and said, "Alohomora."

He was sitting on top of the toilet seat, bent forward with his elbows supported on his knees, his face in his hands—but it was Draco's face. It was as if he was seeing himself sitting there, not Harry. He only hesitated for a second or two before crossing the threshold and walking up to his lover.

Harry looked up at him as he approach. "Boy, is this a nightmare," he said with a faint smile.

Draco knelt in front of him and put his hands on Harry's hips. He was shaking as he did so, because he felt as if he was touching himself on the hips, and that was perverted, depraved, morbid! Absurd like nothing else. Yet, it was happening.

He shut his eyes and took a deep breath, conjuring an image of his beloved Harry in his mind's eye for comfort and strength. When he felt energised by his boyfriend's love again, he opened his eyes. It didn't scare him that he was looking at his own face anymore; he was utterly calm. And then something miraculous happened. For a moment, he could actually see Harry sitting there, his face flushed with queasiness and his forehead covered with tiny beads of sweat.

The vision faded after only a few seconds, but Draco knew what he had seen: Harry's soul. It made it much easier for him, knowing that his lover was actually in there somewhere, when he was going to play the part of mediator between them.

"How are you feeling?" he asked affectionately, because he knew that Harry would need every sign of love that Draco could give; being pregnant was no easy task.

Harry grimaced. "I've been better. Tell me ... does the queasiness ever pass?"

Draco laughed. "Yes. Yes, it does. It's worst during the first few months, but then it gets better. You just need to learn what to eat and when, that's all."