Chapter 7: Good Heavens

Anais picked up her suitcase outside of Tintin's door as she walked down the stairs, from the corner of her eye she could see him watching her leave. She sighed and shook her head, he was like a little lost puppy, humans are so strange but this human... This human was different. By the time Anais was out the building, the church bells began to ring. It was the bells that announced a funeral, Anais knew just who's funeral it was. She walked down the street to go to a secluded area, maybe a park or an alleyway, where no one could see her. 

The girl found a park that was basically empty, besides the old man sitting there and feeding the birds of course, she took out her rosary and listened for the prayers of the people from Venice, Italy. She saw them and then just like that she disappeared from the park and found herself in front of a church, "Well," She sighed, "If they want to be saved, then they're gonna be saved." She opened up the two doors, inside were priests and civilians; children and parents- all were praying to their God. 

One of the saw the light from the opened doors seep through, turned around quickly and saw a girl surrounded in light, Anais waltzed in slowly. Everyone turned their heads to face her, who was she? "Everyone has gone inside their homes or to the church to seek refuge," the main priest said sternly, "Why aren't you in the safety of shelter?"

"Oh," Anais chuckled, "How about you guess?" she smirked. The civilians stepped back behind the priests, scared for the worst. The priests looked her up and down, she wasn't dressed as an Italian and she certainly wasn't in the safety of shelter. "You're not a human..." one of the priests chimed.

"You're a demon!" another cried. One of the other priests threw a cross at the girl, this only resulted in the cross getting stuck in the wall. Everyones eyes widened when the cross had no affect on the girl, the same priest dunked holy water on the girl which also had no affect. "Where are your manners?" Anais growled, "You're adults, and adults are supposed to know better." she snapped her fingers, the priests were frozen in their spots. Was she a demon or worse? 

Anais paced the room with a smirk, the civilians in the church huddled in fear, Anais looked at all of them, "Now," she rolled her eyes, "You were praying for help from the heavens. Correct?" She tilted her head and watched as the priests nodded quickly, fearing what may happen, "Now, what do you think I am?"

"A demon?" one priest called.

"A human being!" a child chimed

"Wrong." The main priest retorted sternly, "She's an angel." Everyone gasped in shock, this was the messenger the Lord had sent from the heavens. Anais smirked and nodded, she flicked her index finger and the priests were now able to move again. The angel was here to save the day.