Chapter 11: Are You There?

Back in France, Tintin was still trying to contact Anais by praying. He emptied out his conscience and started thinking about the angel herself, he opened the book on how to pray and read the first 3 directions.

 He emptied out his conscience and started thinking about the angel herself, he opened the book on how to pray and read the first 3 directions

Step 1: Find some place quiet, preferably a church or your room where you can be alone.

Step 2: Clear your thoughts, think about what you want to say to The Lord and His angels.
Step 3: Mention a name of a loved one who passed away, or mention a saint or angel.

Tintin gulped and heaved a sigh, "Here goes nothing." He closed his eyes and started praying (at least he thought he was), "Our father..." he said the opening prayers for the rosary and all that. He peeked at the book at step 4, after saying all the opening prayers tell God what you are thankful for. Reluctantly, he thought of everything that he had and all the things that he was glad about... 

Step 5: try making up your own prayer, like ask questions and talk to God. Have a little conversation!

Oh, well, that was easy... Tintin rolled his eyes and started talking softly, "Um, hello?" His voice faltered, "I really don't know how to do this but...I'd like to talk to Anais the angel." he gulped and waited, nothing. He took a breath and started again, "Please, I need to speak to Anais!" the rosary started to glow, a small gust of wind came from the little trinket and the faint flutter of wings could be heard. 

"Hello?" A familiar voice chimed. Tintin's eyes lit up with joy, could this really be her? "Uh, hello? Anyone there?" Tintin fumbled with the rosary in his hands, thinking of what to say. It was really her. "Are you alright?" she called from the rosary.

"A-Anais?" Tintin tilted his head, "Anais is that you?"

"Yeeeeeeeeees?" the girl replied, furrowing her eyebrows (Tintin couldn't see this because he hasn't mastered the art of prayer). "Tintin," she said bluntly, "I know what you're thinking." she smirked.

"How, what?!" he blinked, "Oh wait, you're an angel..." there was a chuckle from the other side, "So, what am I thinking?" he said smugly, still surprised that she could know everything.

"You want me to congratulate you for your first attempt at praying." 

"..." 

"C'mon," she laughed, "I know that's what you're thinking." Tintin's cheeks flushed tomato red, he forgot how much he missed hearing that laugh. The two chatted away and got caught up, (even though its been like 6 hours) Tintin felt happy, he remembered what Anais had asked him. He wanted to tell her, but how would he? 

"Anais," his heart was racing, "I've made a decision-" he was cut off by the girl's quick interjection.

"Hang on," she rushed, Tintin wasn't finished with his sentence, "I'm getting another prayer from someone, I gotta cut this short."

"Wait!" Just before he could finish- the connection was gone, he thought he was the only human that Anais had given a rosary to. He was all alone again...Besides his loyal dog Snowy- but he wasn't the same as an angel.

Meanwhile, Anais closed her eyes as her rosary glowed- this call seemed important. "Hello." she replied sweetly. A wide smile was plastered on her face, who was this important to her? A small voice came from the other side, a sneeze. Anais chuckled softly and waited for a reply. "Hiya!" a voice said happily, it was a little boy about age 5. Anais smiled and entered a state of calm.

"Hey," she replied softly, "How are you doing Christopher Reede?" 

"I'm doing good!" the boy, Christopher, replied, "Despite the fact that I've been in the hospital for a year." Anais's smile quickly faded, all that was left was a blank slate. She didn't want to think about it but no matter how many times she tried to run away from it, the thoughts would always come back to sucker punch her in the stomach. Little Christopher, had cancer, lymphedema- a type of cancer that happens when there's swelling in the arm or leg- for Chris it was in his left leg. 

Anais remembered the time when she first met the boy, she was flying around, wandering aimlessly and without a care. She had nothing better to do but spy and eavesdrop on people's lives, that was until she stopped at a hospital to rest. Anais enjoyed the view from the little balcony she landed on, apparently she wasn't alone. Little Christopher saw her, his eyes wide with wonder and joy, he slowly wobbled outside to greet the angel. "Did...Did.." He stuttered softly, Anais turned around slowly yet swiftly to see the child in front of her, "Did God send you down here to be my friend?" Chris asked, his eyes shining. Anais's heart was slowly swelling, she just met this human child and she is now attached to him.

"No," Anais said blandly, the smile from Christopher's face fading, "But, I'll be your friend!" Anais replied quickly before the boy could burst into tears. Chris smiled at this and the two became friends. To Christopher, Anais was his guardian angel. She'd show him all the scenery of all the places she'd been, all the sounds and smells and emotions. It was amazing.

Anais's thoughts were interrupted by Chris's joyful questions, "So," he was beaming with wonder, "Where are you now? I wanna know, I wanna know, I wanna!" he was practically bouncing up and down with this childlike wonder. Anais chuckled and told the boy everything he wanted to know. She told him about the people, the emotions, the scenery, smells and what it was like to embrace them all. "There were also buttercups and lilacs and a bunch of other flowers!" Anais finished her description of her journey, Chris whined softly with disappointment. What could be upsetting him?

"Awww," he pouted, "Lilacs are my favorite! Too bad they aren't in season here..." Anais felt her heart crack slowly, she wanted to make this boy happy.

"Tell ya what," She thought of an idea, "You tell me where you want to see next and in return...I'll bring some lilacs back for you." The boy's happiness came back brighter than ever, lilacs! His favorite flowers and time with his guardian angel. He was ecstatic. He was bouncing continuously with joy, "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" He squealed and gently kissed the crucifix on his rosary. Anais smiled, a giggle leaving her mouth, this child was adorable. 

After their little conversation, Anais told Christopher to get some rest. The boy refused, stating that he was "a big boy now, he could stay up late", Anais only rolled her eyes and sternly told the child to go to bed, period. That was that. The connection ended. She was alone yet again... It was night, calm and peaceful, the perfect time to break into a church. 

---

~Author's say!~

HAHAHAHA, bet you guys weren't expecting that kind of ending for a chapter ;) but anyways, hope you guys enjoyed and yes im rewatching tintin...for the 3rd time.....
Another note, some of you guys may know this, some authors make their characters like them. Maybe I made most of my characters exactly like me, but who knows? Only me and God knows right? ;)