Make You Love Me

Today was a lot easier to get through than I expected. Jason had to help me up and down the stairs between classes though. "What happened?" He asks. Remember when I said there was nothing to hide from him anymore? Yeah, well. I lied. I can't tell him what really happened. I'm also incapable of lying as well. When I try to lie my voice doesn't squeaky or I don't start to twitch like other people do when they lie. No, I just can't. My throat shuts and I cannot speak a word because my brain knows the truth is the way to go. I've been lied to so much in my life it would be wrong to act the same way towards others. And I resent myself for that. I don't answer him. He just nods and leads me up the steps. When we get to the top I feel my legs giving out under me. I wouldn't mind falling down the stairs and dying of eternal bleeding. As long as Jason Klein is there when I leave this place. My knees collapse and I begin falling. "Whoa!" Jason catches me just on time. Damn you and your reflex. I lean my head on his chest as he lifts me up, his arms supporting my back and legs, the way a groom carries his bride over the threshold. "We need to get you home." He whispers. I'm no longer in pain. Adrenaline coursing through me as I fight to lift my head. "No!" I say hoarsely. "I can't go home!" He hushes me and carries me down the steps. Without a word he pushes the door open with his back and carries me out into the cold winter air. "Jason, put me down. I can walk." I say. 'Maybe I can lie.' I laugh joyfully in my mind. It wasn't actually a lie. I could have walked, I just didn't want to. "No you can't R.E." I hate when he calls me that. But there's nothing else to call me by. I don't know my real name, or my parents names. All I know is that I was born on February 13th 2000 and my parents didn't want me. We walk out to the main street when he finally realizes he doesn't know where I live. There was no way he was letting me walk home so alas, I gave in. "I live in The Asylum." I mutter, low enough so passersby wouldn't over hear. His eyes widen but return to normal in a short moment. He swallows then nods. "Alright." Everyone knows about The Asylum. 20 years ago about 14 kids were found dead in the back yard. About 8 others were infected with some sort of bacteria from used syringes they had been playing with. He carries me up the front step and opens the door. "It's not locked." He whispers to himself. Closing the door behind him he creaks through the hallway. "Upstairs." I wheeze. I don't know why I'm so winded, he's doing all the work after all. He climbs up the stairs and turns left, coming to a white door with the word "reject" painted on it in purple and orange letters. He opens it slowly, most likely expecting a gang of thugs with crowbars and pocket knives to attack him. He steps inside, shutting the door. He moves quickly to get me on the bed and put down our bags. He takes a few deep breaths, looking around at the dark gray room. The only light source is a cloudy window facing the street and a small lamp on my desk. "Cozy." He mocks. I smile. There's his undiluted humor I love so much. He crawls onto the bed next to me, lying on his back. 'Oh my god,' my brain racing with a thousand thoughts. 'I'm lying in the same bed as Jason Klein.' He looks over as me, smiling, as if he can hear what I'm thinking. "Reject is such an awful name." He says. 'I agree.' I want to laugh aloud but nod in response. "Especially for someone as beautiful as you..." I'm not really hearing this, am I? No. I cant be. This is my overactive imagination mocking me with the mere fact of Jason Klein being inches away from me. He moves his hand to my side, gripping it a bit. "You're so beautiful." He whispers. My face grows hot, I feel as if I may faint any moment. Jason Klein the unknowing love of my life and boy of my dreams thinks I'm beautiful. It's all too good to be true. I wish I could believe that he truly feels this way, but a person like me is not meant to find happiness in life. "Are you going to say something?" He smiles faintly. I bit my lip, 'what do I say to make Jason Klein love me?'. And for the first time, in a long time... I say what's on my mind.

"What can I do to make you love me?"