Chapter Five (Stiles Stilinski)

"Thank you for taking me home Stiles," Sabrina said, smiling sweetly at me with those perfect white teeth. I stared into her beautiful eyes that matched Scott's and noticed how her long brown hair blew gracefully in the wind. Fingers snapped in front of my face and I blinked rapidly.

"Yo Stiles. You alright there?" Sabrina questioned, staring at me.

"Huh? Oh yeah! Yeah I'm fine. Just thinking," I replied, smiling at her. She chuckled.

"Don't think too hard babe." She clutched the handle to the door of my precious Jeep to get out but I lightly grabbed her upper arm.

"Sabrina wait." She pulled back and looked at me expectantly.

"Yes?" Now was my moment to tell her. I'm trying not to chicken out but she's making it harder and harder to resist her tempting lips.

"I have to ask you something?" The way I said it, it sounded more like a question than a statement. Good job Stiles.

"Mhmm?" I took a deep breath in and tried to act more confidently.

"Sabrina."

"Just spit it out Stickman," she chuckled. I grabbed her hand and pulled her slightly closer.

"Stiles..." She looked real nervous but I was determined to tell her how I feel and if she didn't feel the same way, then at least I would know and hopefully it wouldn't be awkward if we were just friends. I leaned forward and I want to shout with joy when she closed her eyes. When I was just inches away, a howl sounded through the clear night. I pulled back and she must have come to her senses because she pulled back just as fast and looked down at her hands. Suddenly, she looked up in shock.

"Saber, I'm-" I began but she clasped a hand over my mouth.

"Stiles wait. Listen!" she ordered. Another howl made its way through the night. I looked at her expectantly.

"What does that sound like to you?" She took her hand away from my mouth and motioned for me to go on.

"I don't know. A wolf or something." She looked at me scared.

"Stiles, California hasn't had wolves in over 60 years," she whispered. At that, my mouth dropped open.

"Scott's still out there Stiles," Sabrina added. Before I could comment, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I held up a finger to her and slid it out of my pocket.

"Hey Dad," I answered.

"Are you at the McCall's yet?" he asked, not bothering to greet me.

"Yeah, why?"

"Can you do me a favor and watch over Sabrina and Scott? Ms. McCall should have left for work by now and they'll be alone and, well, something's come up and I won't be home for awhile. I don't want you to be alone at home."

"Dad, what's wrong?" I could hint at something in his voice and he sounded worried.

"Son, I can't talk right now. I'm sorry."

"Wait! Dad! Sabrina and I-" The dial tone sounded in my ear, signifying that he hung up.

"Damn!" I yelled and pounded my fist against the steering wheel. At this point, Sabrina was shaking.

"Hey, it's going to be okay Saber," I tried to calm her.

"It's not going to be okay Stiles! My brother is still out there and there might be a wolf and it could have rabies and then he could get lost or he could die or-" I silenced her with the only way I could. I kissed her. At first she was shocked but then she began to react and kissed me back. I pulled away and stared at her. She opened her eyes and looked at me. I was scared for her reaction. She smiled at me kindly and leaned forward to peck my lips once more. I grinned at her.

"You don't know how long I've waited for you," she whispered. I took her hand and kissed it.

"Nice to know. Now let's go inside. My dad said I need to stay here for the night."

"Okay." I got out of the Jeep and went around to her side and opened the door for her. I grabbed her hand and helped her out. She again smiled at me. I walked her inside and looked at the clock by the stairs.

"Oh man. It's really late. Look at the time," I told Sabrina. She looked and groaned.

"It's two in the morning! We're only going to get like three or four hours of sleep." A noise came from upstairs and we stopped in our tracks.

"Did you hear that?" Sabrina whispered. I nodded my head. "Do you think that's my mom?"

"No. My dad said she left for work a while ago," I whispered back.

"Then who's upstairs?"

"I don't know." I grabbed the bat Scott had tried to use on me previously when I was here earlier and pulled Sabrina behind me to protect her. I held the bat firmly in my hands and slowly we made our way upstairs. We stopped in front of Scott's door when we heard a groan.

"On the count of three," I said. She nodded her head and waited, placing her hand on the door knob but still concealed behind me. I counted on my fingers and on the third one, she shoved the door open and we burst through. I swung around wildly, screaming like a maniac.

"Stiles! What the hell?" shouted a red faced and wheezing Scott.

"Scott! Holy balls bro! We were so worried about you!" cried Sabrina, running to her brother and leaning down to inspect him. Tears streamed down her face as she took in the sight of her brother.

"Don't cry Sabrina. I'm fine. I'm fine," he whispered to her, attempting to soothe her. I looked on helplessly. He pulled her into his lap and smiled down at her. Sabrina slapped his arm and frowned at him.

"Don't do that ever again! You had me worried! Mom would have killed me, brought you back to life after she found you, and then kill you!" Sabrina ranted. Scott chuckled.

"Sorry. Now that the fun is over," he said and was met with a sour look from Sabrina at the mention of "fun", "I'm going to shower now and get to sleep as you should too. We have school in the morning." Sabrina nodded and got up from his lap to leave for her own room, kissing me on the cheek on the way out.

"So you told her?" Scott grinned at me.

"Maybe." He shook his head and went to his bathroom to shower. He popped his head out of the door and pointed to his drawers.

"Since you're over here so much, you have your own drawer of clothes." He grinned and went back to his bathroom. I laughed and looked in the drawer of my left over clothes and decided to just sleep in my boxers. I pulled the cot out from under Scott's bed and set it up. I made the bed and lay down in it. Scott came out fully dressed and slipped into bed.

"Night Stiles," Scott said.

"Night Scott," I replied.

"Hey Stiles."

"Yeah?"

"You hurt my sister and I'll kill you." I chuckled.

"I wouldn't dream of it man."

"Good now go to sleep. It's almost three in the morning." And with that, I slipped quietly to sleep.