Chapter Thirteen (Sabrina McCall)

After school, Allison, Lydia, and I hung out at Starbuck’s, just chatting and getting to know Allison better.

“So what’s it like moving around all the time?” Lydia asked, taking a sip of her mocha. I looked expectantly at Allison as I myself took a sip from my hot chocolate, not favoring coffee that much unless I was going to pull an all nighter for a project or something.

“Uhmm, well sometimes it was hard because sometimes I wouldn’t have even unpacked all my boxes before we’d be moving again. Some of the places we moved to were kinda cool and exciting to see but I missed things such as pets. I used to have a cat but we gave her away because my mom thought it was such a hassle to have to mover her around with us. I still miss her sometimes,” Allison informed us, looking away sadly. I took her hand and smiled at her.

“Wow, that’s tough babe. Good thing that’s not my life,” Lydia said, bobbing her head and tapping her foot to the beat of the music playing in the café. I glared at Lydia’s attitude but she smiled at me like what she said was nothing meanwhile Allison had a hurt expression. She made to get up, taking her coffee. I grabbed her wrist and turned her around.

“Allison, wait,” I said. She looked at me, hurt very apparent in her eyes.

“I’m just gonna go Sabrina,” she whispered, pulling her wrist out of my grip and making her way to the door. I turned to Lydia and glared at her.

“Nice one Lydia.”

“What?!? I was just stating a fact.” I grabbed my hot chocolate and ran after Allison.

“Allison! I called again. “Allison wait up!” She had just gotten to her car and was fumbling with the keys in the lock. I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me, tears in her eyes. She snorted, rubbing at her eyes.

“Look at me. I‘m crying.” She rolled her eyes.

“Look, I know Lydia can be a bitch but she tends to speak her mind.” Allison’s eyebrows wrinkled in frustration.

“You know, I’ve never ever had a friend in my entire life because I move around too much.”

“But you have me and Lydia.” She snorted again. “Well, you have me.” She chuckled and sighed.

“Thank you.”

“No problem. I’ve always wanted a girl best friend. All I have is my brother and his stupid friend.”

“But you have Lydia.” I rolled my eyes and lightly chuckled.

“She’s great and all but sometimes she’s just too much. I want a real friend.”

“Awww Sabrina.” I grinned and hugged her.

“Uh, do you wanna come over to my house?”

“What about Lydia?” I waved it off.

“Forget her for now. I’m sure she’ll get Jackson to come pick her up and they’ll go to his house and…I’m just gonna leave off there. So what do you say?” She unlocked her car and smirked at me.

“Well, are you gonna get in or not?” I squealed, running to the other side and getting in. She got in herself and started the car, pulling away from Starbuck’s and leaving Lydia in the dust.

***********************************************************************************************************

Allison and I currently sat on my couch, her in a pair of sweats I let her borrow from my drawer and a purple tank top. I changed into a pair of Scott’s sweats and a pink tank top.