Chapter 1 - The Proposal

The proposal

After a hectic day, she packed her belongings into her Louis Vuitton stylish professional Handbag. She gave a quick glance at her watch which showed her 11.50 pm. She sighed and the next moment she smiled. "I'm going home." She danced in joy quickly leaving her office premises.

   She worked hard day and night, did everything possible, fought with her distractions only to get placed in the world's best company, 'Google',with a package of 1.2Crore INR per month. She belonged to a middle class family. Her parents toiled hard to give her good education. She fulfilled their dream of seeing her successful.

     "Home is where the heart is." It's her cousins wedding and she's going home for the same. At the end of her helluva day, she found peace instead of being tired. The thoughts of her going back to her country make her jittery. She very well knew that her parents would be busy finding a suitable groom for her, after all she was the last and the only spinster in their family who turned 28 the previous month. All her cousins were married after they turned 23 and as soon as she turned 25, her parents were bombarded with questions about her marriage. Her father would proudly and sarcastically reply that until he finds a groom who would pay dowry for getting his daughter married to him, he wouldn't get her married. This made her proud and she started living for them.

    It was one sunny morning in India. She was sitting by the window pane of her house reading her favourite novel. Her mother barged in her room with her smartphone. "Maa.. Not again." She frowned as she exactly knew what it displayed.

    Since the time her cousin's wedding got over, she was shown various photographs of guys in the matrimonial site. They never wanted her to do love marriage. They were orthodox. For her, Intercaste marriages are prohibited though she doesn't believe in religion.

   Her mother shut her up and handed the smartphone. "He's a well settled boy, working in The World bank, USA. He wanted to become an IFS officer. He wants a career  oriented Independent girl. Their family consists of 4. They are in India. He lives there alone. " And she continued but not even a single word of her mother entered into her system. She was looking at the picture in aghast. "Randhir" It was the only word she was able to utter.

    "You know him? Even I had the feeling that I have seen him somewhere. " Her mother again spoke breaking her chain of thoughts. "NO. I mean Yeah. I have seen him in my college. Can I get his mobile number ?" She asked her mother blankly.

   "Your collegemate?" "Yeah I guess. Iam not sure" she stammered without maintaining an eye-contact. "Are you okay with the proposal ?"Her mother questioned her again. "I cannot say anything as of now mom. I want to meet him before everything is arranged." She told her mother boldly this time. "I'll ask them and tell you." Her mother retired back to her room.

     A lone tear escaped her eyes. She was sad, shocked and confused. She immediately opened her social media accounts to search for that particular name but alas! she couldn't find him. His accounts were deactivated long back. It's been 7 years she lost contact with him. She remembered hearing from one of her friends that he is not in contact with anyone. She sighed. "I finally found you Randhir. I'm coming to meet you soon" She closed her eyes to hide the pearls of tears that were threatening to fall.

To be continued.

Attention : Guys! I want your feedback. Please tell me whether I should continue this story. If you like it please vote. I would be glad if you show your support by commenting.  If it needs any improvement, DM me or use the comment box. Strictly no destructive criticism.

The next part will be posted based on your feedback and votes.

Thank you ❤️