Chapter 18 - The Euphoria

The silent water droplets dribbled down the window pane. He was looking silently through the glass window of the car grumpily. "Sadu.. Gussa mat ho." She pulled his arms but he was a silent spectator of the droplets that oozed one by one from the top to the bottom of the window pane. "Randhir. Surprise is meant to be a surprise." She justified being surprised looking at his childish side. "Why are you smiling?" He asked in his coarse voice. She shook her head in disapproval. "Okay. We are going to the Mercer Island." She spoke looking at him. "Sanyukta. Don't tell me you are taking me to the beach now." He threw an appalling look. "Shut up and baitho. Don't take the words out of my mouth" She concentrated on steering the car and he again looked out of the window grumpily. "Sanyukta what are you doing" He was perplexed looking at the way she was driving. She was driving as if she was a formula one driver. "Mug band rakho Sadu and let me drive" She was handling it like a pro. "Enjoy the thrills of life" she again mouthed enthusiastically but one look of his made her zip her mouth. "Kuch zyaha hi ho raha hai kya?" She thought. "Haannn. Slow down. I'll cut you to pieces and feed you to the dogs if you damage my car." She twisted her lips frowning. "Was I that loud" she mentally facepalmed.

After 15 minutes of travelling, She parked the car in a jerk and pulled him out swiftly. "Nirvana - The S's Abode" The huge board in the entrance welcomed them. He was able to see a small captivating house with a small beautiful garden in the front porch. He was fascinated by the beauty it carried. There was a beautiful play area in the backside

He was pulled inside by his wife who was immediately welcomed by the watchman with a salute

He was pulled inside by his wife who was immediately welcomed by the watchman with a salute. "Shall I bring you an umbrella dear?" He asked her so kindly  and She smiled at him "No thanks uncle Mark. Look I'm already drenched fully." She chuckled. "This is my ---" She paused not knowing what to tell him. She was afraid that he would not like being acknowledged as her husband. "Hi Uncle. I'm Randhir Shekhawat. Sanyukta's husband." He gave the watchman a handshake and smiled at her. She felt so happy at that moment and moved inside holding his wrist tightly and cheerfully.

  "Where are we Sanyukta?" He asked her looking at a few nurses moving in and out of the house. "Come inside" She signalled him. "He looked at the photos of her at the entrance where a few old ladies were talking. She took their blessings with a smile. "Dadi . Meet my husband Randhir" She pulled him near her. He was totally confused and he too took their blessings. "You are so lucky Beta. She is nothing but gold." One of the ladies spoke caressing his hair. He pulled her to one secluded corner of the house. "Moti. Ab bologi bhi. Mujhe kuch samajh nahi aa raha" He scratched his nape. "What is this place and why are your pictures there on the wall?" He sounded utterly confused. "Bataungi. This is my Home Randhir. " She happily enunciated. "I own a home for intellectual, orphan kids and guardianless aged- persons. Have you heard of Nirvana Home in India?" He nodded in approval. "The one in Bangalore, Chennai, Delhi and Mumbai?" He asked. "Exactly. Due to lack of proper treatment in India, I bring the kids and elderly who are in extreme need of immediate medical help to USA. I have appointed nurses and cook. The doctor comes for check up everyday. I take the kids and all my elderly people to the beach or something for recreation.They are my family Randhir. I wanted to save money for them. That's the reason I never invested in luxury. I'm a globe trotter and I do charity as well. This is my home." He was looking at her as if she came from a different planet. The respect for the girl standing in front of him grew indefinitely in the eyes of Randhir. "Aap Sanyukta ho?" A shaky voice squealed in delight. "Dadi... Haan main Sanyukta." "Bahot Danyavaad beta. Tum abhi aarahi ho na. Mere paas kuch dene ke liye nahi hai." She spoke sadly but her eyes sparkled. "Kush Raho beta." Happy tears fell from her eyes and she caressed her hair and moved inside. "Sanyukta Is she new?"Randhir asked. "No. She is Alzheimer's patient. She knows my name and she sees me in my photos. But she forgets that I come and talk to her daily. Her sons admitted her here. She was a rich lady but now left with nothing.  She blesses me everyday Randhir. And those happiness in her eyes are everything. " She spoke and her eyes moistened. Randhir caressed her hair lovingly.  "Didi. Andar aao Na. Sab kuch ready hai." A girl came running towards her. "Aarahi hu Meera." She got up holding his wrist and they moved inside the house, she was literally jumping and he followed her confused. "Kya ready hai?" He thought running his fingers through his wet tresses.

     He was extremely astounded looking at her in middle of the kids holding placards of letters. "Happy Birthday Randhir Uncle" The kids happily burst balloons of glitters on him. He was standing there spellbound with a million dollar smile adorning his face. He gyrated his head to look at the festoon enhancing the pretty room. 'Will a thank you be enough' He stood there without showing any reaction. He was brought out of the reverie by a small kid. "Uncle. This is for you. Thank you for the ice cream you bought us that day." She cutely enunciated forwarding him a small flower. "This is from our garden" She added. "Thank you" He mouthed cutely and hugged every kid present in the house. He, after spending few minutes, came out of the hall and she followed him. "My birthday is tomorrow" He looked at her. "I know." She smiled at him "you have an important meeting tomorrow" she shrugged and he nodded in approval. "Sanyukta, have this." He gave her a cheque for 1Lakh. "Randhir what is this. No I won't take this. This is on my name. " She was bewildered looking at it. "It's for the kids. Okay. I'll give it as a donation to the trust. Now okay?" He enunciated and she gleefully nodded. "Thank you Sir" she said chuckling and he chuckled as well.

   "Didi. We wanna go in the rain" one little boy pulled the hem of her top pointing to the porch. " Why not. Come let's go" she moved to the front porch and Randhir sat there with his lips curved up like a parabola. The mild down pour was gracious enough to let the kids rejoice. She was jumping and dancing with them merrily and childishly. He did not care about her clumsiness but the girl in front of him was a total different piece with tons of innocence, goodness, boldness, childishness. As he started exploring her day by day, the place she started making in his heart got bigger.

    "Can I join you?" He asked her caging her petty waist. She felt nervous and at the same time happy and started doing hilarious moves with him and the kids at first but she lost it when he twirled her around  confined in his arms and she poised on his feet. "Thank you Sanyukta. I feel contented. Will you be my friend." He asked her out. "I'll rather be your best enemy" She chided chuckling. He took her tightly into his embrace and the sound made by her brought them out of their land Achooo. She sneezed and rubbed her nose with the help of her sleeves. Dirty Moti He forwarded her his hand kerchief and she took it making a funny face at him. "Come let's move soon" He pulled her and they bid adieu to all the happy faces of the home.

To be continued