Chapter 19 - The Lovable Jeers

'Achoo' 'Achoo' The whole room was echoing with the intermittent sneezing sound of Sanyukta. "Just take a hot shower. I'll be back" He lifted his wife up and placed her near the bathroom door. "Arey! Mere kapde." She protested but he blocked the way. "I'll place them. Now go" She sneeked in the washroom and as soon as she moved in, she heard the room's door shut. She smiled shaking her head. "Is my life taking a turn ?" She smiled and let the warm water sooth her already soothed anatomy.

"May I come in ?" He knocked the door causing her roll her eyes. "Come in yaar." She called him in rubbing her nose that adorned a shade of vivid cerise. "Look at your nose" He chuckled and she glared him. Her eyes dripped. "Arey! Rotlu Sanyukta. Kyun ro rahi ho ?" He chuckled. "Hahaha.. So funny" She made a face. "Thik hai thik hai. Drink this" He placed a bowl of piping hot soup. "Thank you" She mouthed trying to sip the tasteless drink. "You didn't show tantrums ?" He asked the next question. "Tantrums kyun?" She looked at him quizzically. "Girls normally show tantrums and over action if they are given such soups and you are telling me Thank you. Seriously?" He again asked her perplexed. "Shekhawat. What nonsense are you blabbering ?" She asked irritated. "This is not nonsense. You girls do this. I've experience." He said making her wince. "How many girls were you with ?" Her question made his jaw drop. "Whatt?" "So shut up talking rubbish. Not all girls throw tantrums unlike you guys who do too much drama." She handed over the cup and saucer to him and proceed to move out only to be pulled tyrannically again. "Ouch. What was that?" She looked at him. "Sit here and Don't move until I come." He spoke in a jiffy and moved out making her hell perplexed.

After hours of sitting in the same place doing nothing, she finally moved out of the room determined to find out what was he up to. "Shekkkhhhaaawaaat" Her shriek made him jump out and mishandle the saucepan that he was holding in a unique way by applying too much of his energy. "What the hell Sanyukta. You scared me and now look. My hours of struggle went in vain." He sat there face palming. "Sadu wait. Were you cooking?" She whispered. "Nope. I was playing with the utensils." He tried to be sarcastic. "Exactly." She whisper yelled. "You have messed up the kitchen" She threw a murderous glare. "Clean it up. Quick" She commanded again making him twitch his nose. "I was just trying to help her and now she is commanding me"He made a face and pouted. "Such pouts won't work." She sat there on the clean part of kitchen slab monitoring his work. "That's why people say marriages suck. Tum ladkiyan sara kaam hum ladkon se karvati ho." He complained. She grabbed the apple and started feasting on it looking at his helpless state. "Heartless Moti ho tum." He again opened his mouth but shut it up as soon as she flaunted the shining sharp edged Knife that she was holding.

"Squeaky Clean" He mouthed happily looking at the shining clean Kitchen. "But you are not. Go bathe" She chuckled. "Not fair Sanyukta. Already I bathed 3 times." He shook his head innocently. "Look at you." She pushed him in front of the mirror who looked all soiled with the red juices of smashed tomatoes and yellowish white flour sticking to his few days old moustache and small pieces of curry leaves and coriander hanging down his small stubble. "I was tyring to help you." He pinched his throat. "Par mujhe nahi ho raha yeh cooking." He sighed. She giggled. "Shall I teach you ?" She asked him and he gleamed. "But tum ho na yeh sab karne ke liye. Why do you want to teach me?" He looked at her mischievously. She stood there silent. "Okay I'll learn with pleasure feminist dadima. Now I'll take your leave." He bowed in front of her and made his way to their room.

"Who knows what will happen tomorrow Randhir. I may not be here with you my life long even if I wish to. I don't want you to starve after getting habituated with my food, after I leave." She closed her eyes that were clogged with tears thinking about the worst case probability scenario.

"Let me do. Tumse nahi ho payega." She sighed in helplessness looking at him making the pots rattle. He held her shoulders and made her sit on the chair in the kitchen. "Dare you get up. Just let your mouth work and nothing else." He gave her a sharp commanding gaze and she sighed again rubbing her nose. "Tell me what are you gonna cook?" She asked him in her wobbly voice. "Chicken nuggets." He told her with enthusiasm. "Whatttt?" She yelled. "What what? Don't tell me you are strict vegetarian." He gave her a look. "What do you mean by strict vegetarian. I belong to vegetarian family and obviously I'm a strict vegetarian." She said. "Even I belong to a vegetarian family but I'm not a vegetarian." He smirked. "Yeah right. That's why you are eating my brain." She murmured which was quite audible to him. "Did you tell something ?" he smirked. "Nn..nnoo." She fluttered her eye lashes and he instantly gave a perfunctory kiss on the cheek making her lose her rationality. He resumed his cooking without looking at her who was sitting on the bamboo chair immobile trying hard to formulate a word with heated up crimson cheeks. "So Sanyukta.." He sang bringing her out of her dwarm. "H..Hu..Hh. Huh?" She faltered. "What to do next with this beetroot ?" He asked her in the most husky voice showing her his pinkish fingers. "I don't know" She immediately moved out of the kitchen grumpily all flushed with red nose and cheeks and he stood there giggling his heart out. "She's cute" He mentally sang and resumed his old task of cooking helplessly.

TBC

No proof reading. Will be edited soon. I expect ample number of votes readers, only if you like it or else please do drop a feedback in the comment box so that I can improve.