Chapter 3 - The Good Girl's vulnerability

The Good Girl's vulnerability

(No proof reading. You may encounter Grammatical and typo errors. Will be edited soon.)

He was sitting at one corner of the cafe doing nothing but staring at the beauty the cafe carried and inhaling the rose lavender scent that enhanced the atmosphere. The deep pink roses suspended in the window display immediately caught his eye - "nice touch !" He concluded. The area was elegantly furnished, yet relaxing, with a welcoming log fire. The ambience of the place was cosy. He rolled his eyes at candlelit tables of oak wood - Georgian era influence. On the whole, the place achieved a contemporary and sophisticated look - romantic even, if you include the rose display!

He had been to many cafes and restaurants long before in his home town but nothing could match this particular place in terms of atmosphere and ambience. "She has a good choice" he mentally concluded. The only thing that irritated him was the romantic atmosphere the cafe carried. It was filled with couples. That was the sole reason he stopped visiting such places but due to the insistence of the girl his mother found for him, he was bound to sit for minutes waiting for her. "Hey gym body." He was shook at the way she addressed him over the call but after that everything was formal. He hated her for being late. "Unpunctual" he mentally mentioned. He wanted to talk to her about the namesake marriage as he didn't want to give her false hopes of a true marriage and he couldn't provide her with the love she would crave for. "It's her wish to stay or leave" he mouthed silently.

"Hello" came a sweet yet formal voice of the lady, decently dressed. Her familiar voice instantly brought him out of his thoughts and he was about to blast her for wasting his precious thirty minutes. She took a seat in front of him and looked at him wearing a formal and apologetic smile. Her one gaze into his eyes made the whole zoo appear inside her stomach, let alone the butterflies. "Close your mouth Sanyuktaaa...Don't drool." She chanted mentally recursively. She decided to appear all bold and professional in front of him but she was the total opposite to what she thought. She was fumbling, unable to find an appropriate word, all thanks to the Greek God in disguise sitting in front of her gawking her with wide eagle like eyes. Baffled was an understatement. He was spellbound looking at his old college classmate in front of him whom he would address as 'Good Girl'. Indeed she was. She was intelligent, kind, fun loving and kind of crazy. He always had a huge respect for her.

"You?" He couldn't form any appropriate sentence as he was spellbound. "Um.. Yeah. It.. It's me San. Sanyukta." She took a deep breath and continued again " Your classmate. The girl your family wanted to fix you with." "Oh Hi." He was too shocked to formulate a proper sentence. If they had been in any other situation, he would have atleast uttered a few sentences happily. But the situation in which they were tangled in made it so awkward for both of them. The fifteen minutes of silence was given ab ultimate death by Sanyukta. "So How are you ?" "I am good. How are you ?" He cleared his throat. Being a curious cat, she found it very very difficult to carry on with the baseless questions as to where he was working blah blah when she already knew his whereabouts except for those 7 year happenings. She was very curious to know what happened to their ever green love story which the whole college loved. She too liked that but somewhere it made her feel bad. Those where the days she had huge crush on him. She wanted to know why he left everyone and why he is not in contact with anyone. But unfortunately she also knew that she was just another person among the helluva bunch of people he studied with. She was neither his friend nor his friend's friend that time. She was one Beautiful bubbly nerd who spends her quality time with her small squad.

"Ahem Ahem " she came out of her past memories and looked into his eyes that darted towards the waiter. "One chocolate frappe" She mouthed animated chewing her nails confused as to how to ask him about his past. "One Chocolate Frappe for the lady and one cappuccino for me" He placed the order and looked in her direction and their eyes met for a brief eye lock. He was scared that she would read him and readily broke the eye contact and continued, "Um Sanyukta.. I'm coming straight to the point. I don't want to marry you. Please reject this proposal. I have never seen you and woudn't be able to see you as my wife. I admire you for your intelligence. I have huge respect towards you Sanyukta. I cannot break you by marrying you. I still love Ritz. " He mouthed animatedly breaking her bandaged heart once again.

Her eyes welled up. "Okay. If this is what you want, I will gladly grant you that but I want to know what happened with you all these years. You are not in contact with anyone. We believed that you married Ritz. You guys were perfect and your family were okay with your relationship. Isn't it?" She closed her eyes not wanting to show him her vulnerable state. "That's strictly personal." He coldly said. "But I want to know. " She couldnot control herself from demanding the answers and that made him lose his calm. "I don't want strangers to intrude my personal life. You were just another classmate and you are nothing more than a stranger to me. Good bye." he kept the money on the table and took a quick exit from the cafe after showering her with a hard hateful look and she sat there with tears blurring her vision, eyeing the hot cappuccino and the cold frappe die a peaceful death 'together' .

To be continued.

Attention : I found that the no. of views are many times greater than the no. of votes. I request you to not just read, throw a feedback so that I could improve. Hope I'm posting it up to your expectations.

Thank you.