Chapter 2 - The Broken Body-Builder

The Broken Body-Builder

(No proof reading. You may encounter grammatical errors. Will be edited soon.)

       The push ups made the veins pop out of the bicep pumps of the fitness freak. He hated India's Summer. He was profusely sweating. The air conditioned room was of no help. He grabbed the towel and stood in front of the mirror. The only things he gained all these years were a good job, six Packs and strengthened muscles for which he craved for. If he had been the Old Randhir, he would have taken a picture of his Greek god like body and would have boasted uploading it in the social media. He was such an hyper active person back then who was full of fun and energy.

    A knock on the door of his small gymnasium at the 3rd floor of his house brought him back to reality.
"Randhir.." A soft melodious yet strained voice called his name. She entered in and checked him out. "Not bad my son, you are indeed a body builder" she chuckled which made him smile faintly. "You are smelling yuck. First make yourself fresh. I'll wait until then. " His mother spoke sitting on the cosy couch. "Okay  mom. I'll be back." He let the chilled water touch his well build body. It soothed his skin but not his heart which underwent a turmoil 7 years back and the wound was still afresh.

     He stepped out of the washroom after good ten minutes to see his mom smiling at his old pictures. "I want to see the old Randhir. " Her words stung his heart. "I don't think he'll come back to you." He reckoned. "You are telling this because you love her more than me." She again voiced out and it turned out melancholic. "No mom. You were always my first priority. You are. I love you. You always top the chart. Don't think like this please. It's breaking me more. I'm alive only because of you." He hugged his mother. "But I don't think so Randhir. You are spoiling your life and I'm dying each day seeing you like this. " His mother weeped in his embrace. He gently rubbed her tears with the help of his thumb. "What do you want me to do to make you happy love?" He chuckled making her chuckle as well. "Promise me you'll get married with the girl of my choice. " His mother countered back. "What. No way." He yelled. "No mom no.. I cannot do this. Sorry." He left the gym breaking his mother's broken heart.

      She was standing in the balcony humming her current favourite song. "Sanyu" Her mother removed her earpods. "They are okay with the proposal. They just need your confirmation." She looked baffled. "But how's this possible ?" She thought. Her mother handed over his number and left asking her to call him to which she nodded slightly.

        He was twisting and turning on the bed sleeplessly. He suffered from insomnia. He was sure that his life is going to enroute a mysterious place. The entire scene of his mother's apology for blackmailing him and his approval of  marrying the girl of her choice iterated in his mind. He was frustrated searched for the sleeping pill in his drawer but the loud shrill ringtone halted his work. "Hello Gym body.." a girlish husky voice made him puzzled.

To be continued.

P.S: Is this boring ? I'm sorry :D but this is needed.
Do vote and comment if you feel it is deserving. ❤️