Chapter 7 - The Dramatic Day One

"What the hell have you done you mad woman." He shouted looking at the bed filled rose petals fully drenched in cold water.  "If not me, then why you ?" She shrugged her shoulders. "You know what people do during their first wedding night ?" He smirked looking at her face widened. "Ye..yeah so ?" She questions fidgeting with her pjs. He came closer and closer smirking at her. Upon getting his intention to accomodate the couch which was to be accommodated by her, she decided to give him his own medicine. "So what I'm ready.."She smiled seductively. Now it was his turn to get embarrassed infront of his day old wife. "Perverted Woman" He mumbled gritting his teeth. "Oh Stop! It was you who started this. I'm not dying to sleep with you" She threw a Go-to-hell look at him. "You turned all my dreams into nightmare you witch." She gave him a miserable look and placed herself on the couch to welcome not-a-peaceful slumber. She closed her tired eyelids.,

   "Move out of this couch you witch" he tried to pull her up but she wasn't even budging. She was too tired to even open her closed eyelids. His situation was the same. After few minutes of confusion, he finally applied the same theory of emptying the bucket of water on the beautiful lady sleeping soundly wearing loose tee and pyjamas. "Randhirrrr.." She groaned feeling too cold in the wet clothes. He was holding his stomach laughing looking at her pathetic state. She spread the bedspread on the floor and put the pillow and started to sleep but at one one corner he stood looking at her. A part of his heart felt pity on the poor soul trying to sleep with the same wet clothes.

  "Go and change. If you catch cold, mom will make me as your nurse when I don't even want to see your witchy face." He whispered in his harsh tone. " I don't have my suitcase here. Just shut up and sleep. I'm fine." She spoke trying to close her eyes.

  "Here take these without creating a scene." He threw a set of his fresh pjs and tshirt for her to change. "No thanks. I'm comfortable." She turned her face. "Your wish." He started building a pillow wall and slept next to her. She looked at him and the clothes lying on the pillow wall and silently went to the the washroom to change.

  It was already early in the morning and he was fast asleep shivering since there was only one quilt for them. She sighed  covering themselves with the quilt and fell into a deep sleep as soon as she closed her eyes. Can their night be more pathetic ? Their nights were not less than a nightmare and their room was not less than a battlefield.

   The hot sunrays peeped through the pores of the curtains making the battlefield like room shady bright. Her snoozed alarm further made sound breaking her deep improper slumber. She half-opened her eyes to get the shock of her life. The pillow wall was long gone. He was hugging her or rather sandwiching her between his stout arms. They were too tangled to even let the air pass between them. She slowly pulled out her legs, one was resting on his waist whereas the other one was sandwich between his legs. She struggled hard to get out of his hold and even tried to call him meekly but in vain. She looked at the wall-clock displaying 11 am. She gasped and her eyes came out of its sockets. "Randhirrr.. You bull. Wake up.." She started hitting him till her fisted palms pained. "Kya yaar.. Raat Ko sone nahi deti ho aur subah subah shuru ho gayi" He mumbled still closing his eyes. She shook him "Today is my first Rasoi. Leave me." She wriggled in his arms. He opened his eyes only to get the shock of his life. She was looking irritated and cute with his loose dress, perfectly fitted in his arms. He immediately left her. She ran to the washroom embarrassed and he sat there cursing him for not being alert.

   "Mom.. This chocolate pie is awesome. Your first trial right ?" He licked his lips. She looked at him and then concentrated on her food. He pulled his mother's hand and started to flirst with her. "Let me kiss your hands" whilst winking at his dad who gave him a glare. Sanyukta choked on her food and his mother gave him a teasing smile. "This one is Sanyukta's preparation.. " Her mother chuckled leaving the newly weds embarrassed. "But she woke up only at 11am" he justified but kept silent looking at his wife's sharp looks. She looked cute with a red flushed face and peach plain saree wrapped around her sturdy frame. "Yeah and that's why she made it for lunch since she do not know any other sweet food." He silently finished his broth and started to leave washing his hands. "Don't you want to kiss your wife's hands. Don't worry I'll send her soon." His mother yelled giggling. He quickly ran back to his room not before giving a hard look at her wife's red face.

To be continued