Part 11

"...sabi pa ni Mang Lino oras na daw para magtino siya at magseryoso na daw kay Aling Pasing. Dyos ko sabi ko buti naisipan na niya eh mag50 years old na siya akala mo naman nagbibinata pa lang.hahaha."

"-"

"Corny na ba ako? Nasabon ko na ba ang sense of humor ko nung naligo ako kanina?"

"Ha?" I didn't mean to be rude pero distracted lang talaga ako. I mean, an ex came back wanting me back, you'll be distracted to.

"Ayon pala, halos naikwento ko na yung buhay ni Mang Lino, pati yung sequel naisama ko na wala naman palang nakikinig sakin."

"Sorry Jho, pagod lang ako."

"Ganun ba? Siya sige pahinga ka na. Nalilimutan ko kasi minsan na mahigpit nga pala ang training niyo. Saka na lang kita aabalahin,hehe." Eventhough I'm distracted, I don't want her to go.

"No Jho, it's fine. I like talking to you, being here with you." She stared at me.

"Okay, anong problema?"

"Ha? Wala naman." I looked away at her prying eyes

"Weh, huwag ako Bei, wala ka namang sakit. Tell me, what's wrong?" She even felt my forehead just to be sure

"uhm, wala, kwento ka pa."

"Pagkwekwentuhin mo ko tapos di ka naman nakikinig. Mukhang ikaw dyan ang may gustong ikwento." I'm contemplating what to tell her but she beat me to it.

"It's her, isn't it?"

"Ha? Pano mo naman nasabi yan?" Why does she always do this? Why does she know me so well?

"You just have this look when it comes to her. So I guess I'm right. Miss her?"

Sigh. Okay it's time to tell her.

"No,actually I saw her." I don't know why but I looked at her waiting for a reaction.

"Oh. Uhm, when? I mean, pano? San?" I guess she didn't expect me to say that.

"She came to me. Then, we talked."

"Wow, I mean it's been a while right? So..." I'm a little envious how she knows me so well and yet I can't read her.

"So?"

"Have you told her everything you wanted to say?"

"I-uhm, no. She was the one who talked. She told me everything I wanted her to say." Which was the truth.

"That's.,wow. That's great right? I mean, she wants you back?" she smiled but it wasn't the usual big smile she used to give me.

"I guess, sure?" I still don't know what to feel. I know it's cowardly but I want her to say something...anything. A sign that this is affecting her just as it was affecting me.

"So ano talaga? You sound...unsure?" It looks like she gave up the happy act dahil now she looks as uncomfortable as I am. She kind of looks nervous, not looking at me while playing with a tissue.

"I don't really know, to be honest. I mean, I should be happy right? Pero Jho, I was already somewhat happy before all of this. I was at a point where I've finally accepted we're over and then...this happened. All of a sudden she came back. She wants me back." I said disbelievingly cause everything feels so surreal. "And do you know? She told me she officially came out to her family and told them that she is who she is and nobody could change that. She stood up for who she is, finally. She, she told me she did that...for me. For us."

"What am I supposed to do?" I looked at her so helplessly.

"I-I.," she stuttered.

"Jho, you feel it too right?" She gasped and tried to look away but I held her hand so she had no choice but to look at me.