Drop of red

Robin sat in his bathroom. He knew his friends were, yet again, discriminating his actions. The boy gritted his teeth. Angrily, he jerked open a drawer and pulled out a small triangle of steel. Biting his lower lip, Robin dragged the blade across his skin, leaving a long gash that seeped blood. Digging at his hair, He let the blade fall onto the counter. A drop of red fell to the tile. Why do I even stay? Everyone thinks I'm demented, I'm just some crazy obsessed, pathetic excuse for a human and a leader.

Sighing, Robin wrapped his arm in gauze tape and hobbled out his door in a red hoodie and jeans. His head bent low, he never noticed Starfire pass by him in the hallway.

As his shoulder brushed hers, Starfire whipped her head to greet him, but didn't. He was whispering to himself in a language she didn't know. What puzzled her was the fact she had kissed Robin in order to learn English. So why didn't the alien girl learn this?

Floating silently, she followed him back to the Ops Room. Starfire gave a sad little sigh when Robin forced a calm smile on his face. "So...Circus, right?" She noted his strain on the word 'circus'. Beast Boy laughed in triumph. "Let's go!" Raven glanced at Robin, shook her head, and followed BB out the door.

Robin walked by Starfire, flashing her his oh-so-fake grin. This caused her to turn to drastic measures. She wrapped her arms around him, burying her chin in his shoulder. "Please tell me what is not the o k, Robin. You're my friend." "Yo Rob! You comin?!" The Boy Wonder turned and shouted "Go on to the circus. I''ll...catch up later!"