An End

It was the big night. The performance day. And, it happened to be Dick's birthday. Mary and John looked towards a curtain as they did what John liked to call 'getting pumped.' "Alright, Dick, come on out now." "No. I look like a loser," Richard grumbled. "Your mother put a lot of work into the new costumes..." Dick sighed and walked out of the shadows. He wore a costume with a red torso. A yellow stripe belted his waist. He wore green tights. Lastly, a golden R emblazoned his upper chest. Dick tugged at the collar. "Is there a reason that this costume has to be so...colorful?" Mary knelt in front of her son. "Because, when I see you up there, Richard, you make me think of a little Robin."
He smiled, then frowned with a groan. "Ugh, a robin? Like the bird? you know, most kids my age get picked on for nicknames like that!" John grinned. "How about we call you our flying squirrel. Better?" Dick smirked. "You know, dad, I'm not the only one who looks like a loser." John gasped, playfully offended. "Loser? Oh, I'll teach you!" He embraced his wife and son who laughed at him happily.
The time had come.  WELCOME TO HALY'S INTERNATIONAL CIRCUS! WHERE THE WORLD OF THE CIRCUS RING IS YOUR OYSTER. AND NOW...INTRODUCING THE FLYING GRAYSONS!"
John and Mary walked out, waving upon the crowd below their platform.
They began their amazing performance to the bubbling crowd below. A man with black hair and deep blue eyes sat in the audience, smiling up at the world famous acrobats.
Dick climbed up the ladder and began to take off the robe. Suddenly, he heard a wild squealing from above. He watched with horrified eyes as the cords disconnected. Mary reached up to grab her son's hands. Then, she took sight of the flailing cords. "Dick! she cried out in desperation. "NO!"
Mary and John landed with a sickening crack on the circus floor below. Richard's eyes shook. He fell to his knees and began to cry.