Avengements and Partnerships

Starfire stared at her friend in awe. "Does this mean-" "Yes. I need to reintroduce myself." He stood and pointed at himself. "I'm Richard Grayson. Adopted son and ward of Bruce Wayne, also known as Batman. My code name is Robin."

The Tamaranian princess's eyes welled with tears. "So your the 'biological parents' are....dead?" Robin stared at the floor angrily. "Yes. My parents were the Flying Graysons. And I brought their murderer to justice. That day, surprisingly, was also when Batman and I began working as a duo. Then, a trio, when Batgirl joined us. She's like a sister to me."

She nodded. "Forgive me, for I have done something I failed to inform you about." Robin plopped back onto the couch. "What is it, Star?" The girl bent her head. "I saw you in the cave of secret. The performing you did...what you said in the aftermath." Robin's eyes widened. He rubbed the back of his neck, chuckling sheepishly. "Uh...yeah...sorry. I, um...tend to have what I like to call the 'uninvited houseguest.'" Starfire looked at him in confusion. "Its when my subconscious is controlled against my will by twisted versions of my worst memories. Kinda like the dust in Slade's mask, which I apologize for as well." He cleared his throat in embarrassment. "At any rate, what you heard can partially explain why insomnia has become a norm for me. Every time I try to sleep, all I get are those damn nightmares." Starfire gasped. "You said a word of curse!" Robin laughed and ruffled her hair playfully. The Boy Wonder blushed as he noticed the limited distance between their faces. Ah, what the heck?! He pressed his lips to hers. She gasped, and he tilted his head, deepening the kiss. Robin cupped her face gently, running his thumb along her cheek. Starfire reached up, tangling her fingers in the teen hero's spiky, soft black hair. They broke away slowly. Robin panted for a moment, before he whispered sweetly. "I do...love you. You know that, right Starfire?" She smiled and pecked his lips innocently. "Of course, Richard." He hummed, and kissed her once more.

Raven trudged up the stairs to retrieve her leader and friend. She peeked into the Ops Room doorway, only to find the two...currently preoccupied. Smiling knowingly, the dark sorceress retreated back to her other friends. "Robin says for us to go on to the circus. He's teaching Star some Earth stuff." She glanced at Cyborg with a glint in her eye. His own steel gray eye flashed, understating the secret message. Beast Boy, who was utterly confused, shrugged and hopped into the car. He turned into a kitten. Raven sat in the backseat. But, noticing the cat, she reached out a hand and stroked the feline's back. BB mewled in surprise, mentally blushing. Then, he simply padded across the upholstery and settled himself on Raven's lap. He rubbed his head against her chest, purring deeply. Closing her eyes, She meditated calmly as the T car rolled down the street.