Hot chocolate (Nine/Rose)

The Doctor snorted when Rose told him what she had in mind. He was no man to drink hot chocolate. Hot chocolate, and what else? A bedtime story and her tucking him in? No such a thing for him. It was a stupid story, really. The TARDIS had chosen to land on Earth during the last glacial period. As usual, no one had checked the scanner and Rose had run to open the door before him. She had been totally buried under so much snow he had had to dig with his bare hands to take her out of that hill of white powder that kept falling on her and by the time he managed to pull her out, she was completely frozen. Too cold for a human to survive like that for too long.

He had immediately taken her to her bedroom. He needed to raise her body temperature. A thermometer. Blanket. A survival blanket. He had been taking care of her until she was better, only to be yelled at when she had woken up. She had told him that it was all his fault, that he should have checked on the scanner, that if he wasn't so reckless, she wouldn't be in danger so often. And with how proud he was, he had gotten offended and had retorted that she had known from the start what to expect, that she shouldn't have come if she was thinking that way. And he had left the room to grumble in another room. He had just wanted to be nice and here how it was ending.

Later, Rose had come to find him and had apologised. He was cleaning the snow that had melt on the ground. The TARDIS had put the most of it out so she could close the doors but the cleaning was up to her thief. He had forgiven the blonde of course. He couldn't stay mad at Rose Tyler for too long. He had offered her to go to the library and have some tea, but she had told him that she would rather have hot chocolate with marshmallows and she wanted him to have it with her. That's when he had laughed at her, and she raised an eyebrow and folded her arms over her chest. She felt cold.

"So, what? Too domestic for you maybe?"

"You've got it!"

"Oh, sorry, mister I'm-better-than-anyone-else! Does chocolate kill Time Lords or something?"

And she left, mad at him once again, as he leant on the console and sighed. He was stupid, wasn't he? He had spent hours by her side, watching over her, making sure she was well hydrated, making sure her body temperature was getting back to normal. He couldn't do more domestic than that. So why refusing a cup of hot chocolate? Why pushing away someone that was making him happy and alive again? There wasn't any good reason for it. Except, maybe, for protecting the both of them from an impossible and forbidden relationship. The rules were the rules. But then, he was the last of the Time Lords. So the rules were his and he could do whatever he wanted. He had been against the rules all his life, why would he follow them now?

After several minutes of weighing up the prosand cons, he gave in and made his way to the kitchen. He found Rose sat infront of a steaming cup of hot chocolate with a stack of marshmallows over it.She didn't look up at him but he could see the smile on her lips despite thelight steam surrounding her. On the other side of the table, another cup of hotchocolate was waiting with the same amount of marshmallows. Not only had sheknown that he would come back on his words and meet her there, but she alsoknew the power she had on him...