Holiday music (Ten/Rose)

The Doctor loved music. He had never hidden this passion. He had even composed his own musical score once. 'Music of the sphere'. He had offered it to the greatest composers, but no one had wanted to play it, or buy it. It hadn't stopped him though. Rose had found lots of musical scores with scribbling and stains all over them. She never saw him write those things – he most likely did it when she was sleeping – and she wondered if he even knew what he was doing. When it came to music at least, because for the rest, he had absolutely no idea of what he was doing. It was causing them to always get in troubles and to run for their lives. That was what made the adventures funnier, but sometimes, it was difficult for her to follow. He tended to forget that she was human and needed to rest from time to time.

Anyway, to come back to the music part, the Doctor loved singing a song whenever the chance come to him. He also did it when it didn't come to him. How many times had she caught him singing? In the shower, in the kitchen making tea, in the console room fixing something. He thought that she couldn't hear him, but she did. She was listening, often. He had a beautiful voice. She wouldn't be surprised if he told her that he had been on Broadway or something. The Doctor had seen and done it all, and he obviously had the talent to be in some musical spectacles. She loved singing too, humming some songs she heard on the radio or on the telly. But he never caught her, not that she knew. And as much as he loved scrawling on music sheets, she had never seen him compose for real, nor play any kind of instrument.

Today, he was humming a Christmas song. Something alien they had heard on some planet they just visited. She came upon him, and surprised him actually, as he was happily whistling the rest of the song. Christmas time was coming and he loved it. He was in the mood of singing. Holiday music. Classical. Efficient. Perfect for a joyful mood.

"I didn't know you knew so many Christmas carols."

"I've been traveling for quite a while."

Rose wrapped her arms around his waist and leant her head against his back. He smiled and put a hand on hers. If he had known that singing would make her melt, he would have shown her his talents sooner.

"Sing for me, Doctor."

"Why would I do that for?"

"Because I love your voice."

"Never wonder why I'm speaking so much?"

"If you loved me, you would sing for me."

"I will do better than that for you."

He led her to a room she hadn't seen before. Aroom full music instruments. They sat down on the piano seat. He pulled out afew papers and put them on the music stand. She blushed when she read the titleand lyrics. He had written and composed a Christmas song about them. And now,she was blushing more because he was playing it and singing it for her. No onehad done it before. She murmured an 'Ilove you' in his ear. He made a mistake in the notes, but smiled at her.Holiday music was their favourite music from now on...