Chapter 6

<6>

<6>

[Hannah's POV]

The moment I stepped out of Stevens Empire, I thought my heart was about to explode. Mixed emotions jogged my already unsettled heart. The worry for my father, the agony that he might be suffering right now,the fear of wandering alone in this strange place, and the pleasure the man I barely knew awakened in me that still stirred my insides.

I remembered every detail. The touch of his hands on my skin, the heat of his body, and the taste of his mouth. It was my first kiss and I let him have it without hesitation. I liked it and sighed dreamily.

Immediately, I shook my head sideways. I ought to think the current dilemma not daydream about that rude man.

I glanced about. The towering building high enough to reach the sky.Passersby in haste strides as they headed to and from the nearby subway. Some of them were giving me curious glances most especially my feet.

I frowned. My feet were in good shape but they were looking at them as though they were in a gigantic state.

Curious, I looked down only to find them bare. "My shoes!" I said in a frantic voice. I'd left them in his office. Probably it slipped off when he lifted me. Yes, that's it.

It was an inch oversized. Dad said it was my mother's. The only possession she left at home. A simple transparent glittery peep toe silver heels. But it didn't held much of attachment to be.

I needed it back. It's all I brought with me. But pride stalled me from running back into the building. I just hope he wouldn't throw it. I would take it back after I landed a decent job to prove him I wasn't a hooker.

My stomach suddenly growled in complaint of food deprivation,remembering I hadn't had any food since morning. It's now past five o'clock in the afternoon.

"I'm starving," I whispered desperately. And one more thing, I didn't have the slightest idea of where to sleep through the night.

The crowd seemed to double up. Addict-looking teenagers were everywhere smoking cigars. I cringed at the sight of strange people. Papa's right. Outside was never safe for a naive girl such as me.

I reached into my bag and groped for my wallet. Disappointment was all I felt when I found out it contained only a thousand and ten dollars.

I didn't even know how much a public room cost, and I needed to eat something before I swoon with starvation.

I could call Mr. Collins only I forgot my phone at home. There's a lot going on this morning and my mind wasn't functioning well so definitely the most important things slipped my mind.

But first thing's first. I needed to find a hotel to take a good rest before I could search a job tomorrow. I hailed a cab and instructed him to drive me to the nearest and cheapest hotel around the city.