Chapter III: A chance Encounter

A/N: I'm gonna go back and forth with this story. So please don't ask why  Ruby and the others aren't in the chapter. It's also gonna be kinda long.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Jade's POV~

I was hunting for my next meal in the woods. I have been living off the land for about 16 years and sleeping in the cave that I found years ago. I felt something fuzzy brush against my bare leg, I looked down to see my cat Elric. I smiled as he rubbed himself against my leg. Elric is a yellow tabby that I saved from a Beowulf. I saved him when he was a kitten and he followed me back to the cave. 

"Hey, buddy", I cooed as he meowed, telling me he's hungry. "I know, me too. Be quiet and I just might find us something."

We continued to follow the tracks of the deer I have been tracking and stopped at a clearing.

"Huh? Maybe it switched course and we missed it?", I asked Elric who just tilted his head in confusion.  "Ah, well. *shrug* Let's head to the lake and get some fish."

We turned around and were about to head back the way we came until there was a rustling in  the bushes to our left. I readied my katana, turning it into its assault  rifle mode and aimed at the bushes. I had my finger on the trigger, ready to shoot. Suddenly I saw a familiar pair of blood red eyes and long black hair emerge from the bushes.

 Suddenly I saw a familiar pair of blood red eyes and long black hair emerge from the bushes

"Is someone lost?", asked the woman I recognized as my sister in law.

"Raven Branwen", I said as I lowered my rifle. 

"Jade Sparrow - Branwen", Raven acknowledged.

"I haven't seen you since my wedding."

"Yes, it's been a long time. You cut your hair. And pointing an assault rifle at your sister in law is very rude, Little Bird. Is that any way to treat your big sister, Jade?"

"Why?"

"Why what, Little Bird?"

"Why did you abandon Yang and Tai? Why did you betray your brother and your own team!? If you are my sister in law then tell me why the hell did you turn your back on us and leave like a heartless mercenary."

"I had no choice! My clan needed me. And my brother, your husband, betrayed me! He made his choice to trust Ozpin over his own flesh and blood! So don't judge me when you share a bed with the man who abandoned his tribe."

I felt tears threatening to spill. She has no right to talk about Qrow like that. Sister or not, nobody disrespects Qrow.

"But two wrongs don't make a right! I haven't seen my husband in over a decade! I have been living in the woods for 16 years. I need things that the forest can't provide, Raven! If we ever were family at all, if our friendship meant anything to you.... Help me!", I pleaded.